Thread: Crysis 2: A victory of Console

Crysis 2: A victory of Console

Somewhere, an exclusive PC is crying tenderly. Crysis 2 has been released at the same time on PC and consoles and in fact it works very well, which can just mean one thing: It was actually designed for 5 year old consoles. Will we ever see another significant budget shooter exclusively for the PC? Crysis 2 working and looking for exceptional, even in the middle of the decade-old Xbox 360, is now a reality. Gone is the question "Will it work?"

Re: Crysis 2: A victory of Console

I am astonished this question is asked, mainly at this time in the console cycle, especially while you have a few games like the imminent Firefall exclusive as well as games like Battlefield 3, which is clearly being developed with the PC as lead platform with features of PC, with games a lot of resources only continue over the next two years ... especially if the rumors of a next-generation Xbox will not release until the year 2015 is to be believed. (And even if it is fake, I doubt you will see a new console before the end of 2013).

That's a lot of words you wrote, without naming any FPS game coming out that are not multiplatform. It seems that after years of demands that the PC always prevailing in the FPS genre due to surface controls (and I agree that they are totally superior), we now have a reality in which most games are designed for the Xbox 360 and PS3. The games are also released on the PC, often with better graphics, but make no mistake; they are designed for other platforms. I'm not arguing whether something is lost because of this, of course - I'm not getting into that one way or another right now, but I think the answer is obviously yes. I'm just saying consulates have become absolute.

I play a strong dose of both console and PC games covering all genres. Crysis took 2 for 360 just because they want to be fumbling about the files.Ini to make it look better and perform well. I used to be all about that, but it tires me, sometimes it is simply the best way to put a game on a console and play. I do not think that neither is completely extinguished, perhaps in the distant future, but not in the short term. PC still has its strong points, if you want to play a good simulator, for example, or MMO. They tried to console MMO just so they do not terribly.

I can buy the console and PC games. I've been buying more games for the console and PC in recent years, but sometimes I buy a game console, just so I can sell to GameStop, which I cannot do with my copy of PC. That said, there is often little difference between versions of PC and console games. Dragon Age II is a good recent example. I bought the PC version and work well with the patch of high resolution textures, but it’s otherwise exactly the same game console guys are playing with the controls designed for boys of the console at each step.

I did a name, do not read it. I can name a couple of others, including one developed by Crytek and I'm sure more will be announced during the next month to one year. Not to mention, as I said, FPS genre is becoming obsolete in terms of innovation, it is not surprising that some developers will go away from him. One of the anticipated upcoming games from Valve, a PC exclusive, or even a FPS. I do not understand what you're trying to gloat about or try. Consol has become all among the popular names in the industry, yes, but it has always been the case and cross-platform development will be the nature of the industry, especially as costs rise development ... but this is something that effects all platforms, not just see a long list of officially announced next AAA shooters than 360 exclusive.

Later than receiving my new card and be able to play Crysis for the first time at max settings I like it better than I did the first time, which in turn made me lose even more respect for the first game. Just admit it: Crysis had a boring story, boring characters, predictable demand Nano game or not, and a lame alien invasion. It's good because the eye candy is so amazing. Formula Crysis pull on a console with graphics silent and reveals the franchise for what it is: another competent shooter and nothing more.