Thread: Logitech G35 headset is not working with The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Logitech G35 headset is not working with The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

As the title suggesting what I am wanted to ask over here. Well I have installed The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings on the computer of mine. I have noticed that Logitech G35 headset did not working while playing the game on the computer of mine. I am unable to figure out whether there is an issue with game or computer of mine. Let me know if you are aware of any specific solution which I can use to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Logitech G35 headset is not working with The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

it is really difficult to find out the root cause of the problem. I want to which operating system do you have installed on the computer of yours? Do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer? Let me know whether you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer. So let me know the answers of the above mentioned question as early as possible. I am waiting for the answer of the above mentioned question as early as possible.

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suggesting following thing which you can try and see whether it is working or not.You have to click on the Start button and then go for Control Panel. Into Control Panel you have to click on the Sound and you need to see that the Logitech G35 headset is set as default headset. If it is not default one then you should set same as default headset and see whether it is working or not.

I think in this particular situation you need to play with the settings of this particular headset. Well I let you know that you should try to change all the settings with 5.1 and see whether it is working or not. Personally I have seen that there is number of cases where this particular solution is worked effectively. So try the same and let me know about the experience of yours on this particular matter.

Let me know whether you have installed all the necessary drivers on the computer? well you should get the updated version of the Logitech drivers from the official website of the device manufacture. Once you have found, you should download and installed the same on the computer of yours. after installing the drivers you should reboot the computer of yours. I am hoping that installing appropriate drivers on the computer of yours.

I am not sure but the problem which you have mentioned over here is happening due to improper installation of the game on the computer of yours. Well I am suggesting that you should simply uninstall the game from the computer and reinstall on the computer. if reinstalling the game did not working then I think you need to contact the technical support team of the device manufacturer for further help. So try the above mentioned thing and let me know about the results.

Do not listen to the any advice above, they are all guessing without making any effort to look for the correct answer. Do not reinstall. A simple 10 second search on google and hoping over to the Logitech forums gives you the answer.

These headphones do NOT have 5.2 that part of the problem Abbie. Again a simple google search backed up by results would be the go rather than guessing and advising someone to reinstall software which is just plain bad advice.

The problem is specific to the Logitech G35s and a few recent game Wicther 2, Crysis 2, Homefront. The problem is with the G35 drivers and not being able to switch them to 5.1. There is no problem with his operating system or game install. there is currently no fix except to roll back to the default USB sound card drivers (how to in the logitech forums or google it, easy to find) BUT this requires a restart every time and locks the game into 2 channel stereo which defeats the entire point of having the G35s. Hopefully a fix will come from Logitech but they are ignoring pretty much all complaints on this at present.

Ummmm no, no its not at all. Again 10 seconds on google search "G35 witcher 2" I'm sorry but how fricking hard is that.
    Last edited by nzjono; 22-05-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Well, a fix was already posted on logitech forum that everyone else can use to fix their problems related to the logitech g35 not working with the witcher 2 game, follow the below suggestions properly:

1. Right click the sound icon in the right, bottom corner in the system tray. Click "playback devices".

2. Set your integrated soundcard as the default device, by right clicking it and select "set as default device".

3. Next, click the "recording devices" tab at the top. If you can't see "stereo mix", right click anywhere inside the white area. Then click "show deactivated devices". Right click stereo mix and activate it. You might have to restart your computer.

4. Set stereo mix as "default device", then right click it and click "properties". Go to the "Listen" tab at the top.

5. Select "Listen to this device", and choose the G35 Headset.

To test if the sound is playing through your headset, go to "playback", right click your integrated soundcard and click "test".