Thread: Get ready for the Nintendo's next generation console

Get ready for the Nintendo's next generation console

Anyone here ever play Nintendo’s game? Anyone here ever heard about this? So Nintendo newly proclaimed that yeah there next console is appearance next year in 2012. As well I see one site ran a tale today saying that Microsoft and Sony if they can wish to postpone until 2014. Whether that is possible will be anybody's guess. Are you prepared to start seeing new consoles? What you say about this?

Re: Get ready for the Nintendo's next generation console

I am surly prepared to acquire a new console but I am not certain if I will purchase the Nintendo one. They necessitate convincing me that they are reverse to hardcore gaming. The Wii is a kids' system. That is not inevitably a bad thing. I have a kid and we utilize it. But it is not a system for grave gaming, and Nintendo necessitates demonstrating that it has a "killer application" that mature gamers will like earlier than I make a thrust.

I am happy with consoles as they are for the moment. I think the developers are coming to grips with the creation of interesting games console. We will maintain constant technology for a couple of years and allow developers to differentiate their games based on the design, not technology. That will give Moore's Law a few times to work for the next generation can potentially do bad things like ray tracing in real time. I think it will be as a minimum two years before such technology is affordable to mass market prices. The next generation of consoles is likely to be the last for what to expect to do well.

Nintendo, Yes, and I think Nintendo has been placed in a very strong strategic position. They had the best selling system this gen by a long show bet on a weak and low cost to produce in the system that managed to capture a very large installed base. Now they are launching a novel system that seems to go further than the technology of its participants at a time which is currently cheap to do and is consistent with previous expectations of starting a new cycle and also seeks to give Nintendo a real advantage competition, if what is said is to be believed, until a two years.

I feel this is a rare moment that I really do not know what to do with it. As if Nintendo is launching two years ahead of everybody else are going to be fine for a while and then they are truly poorer. No business in the course out in just the way the Dreamcast looked in 1999. The disadvantage that, although imagine Dreamcast games was next to Ninja Gaiden in 2004, when the Xbox was really peaking. It would have seemed silly. I do not know, Nintendo looks to know what they are doing but it looks an odd choice.

Nintendo launches its latest system 6 years later than the release of their earlier, generation cycle more or less standard. Also, of course, Microsoft and Sony could release systems by 2014 to make the new Nintendo system. However, Nintendo may have the benefit of two years of having built a library of exclusive games, as well as an install base, especially since after the implementation of a system is usually when we start to see significant unique for a system. Not to mention, if you have a two-year head start, Nintendo can simply have the benefit of being able to make a big drop in prices when Microsoft and Sony released a new system, which will certainly not be cheap, if you're expecting a significant jump in power.