Thread: Securom is going to hurt sales of fable 3

Securom is going to hurt sales of fable 3

So I recently saw a preview of the PC version of Fable 3 and how it's really not bad for a port once it is interested. I was a little despondent over GFWL is required, but I can live with it. But then I saw this and Securom really surprised me. Why throw, so when you already have an account GFWL required as DRM? A lot of PC gamers do not yet trust or approximating Securom. Has a history of origin troubles for a number of users if you do not like what programs are installed. Not as bad as TAGES however then nobody utilize it. Barely anyone uses Securom moreover.

Re: Securom is going to hurt sales of fable 3

In my opinion they presently hurt their sales through insisting there piling on top of GFWL. He chose a bad time to launch the game with The Witcher 2 coming out at the same time. It's most likely the second biggest release of PC RPG of the year behind Skyrim. I would also advise back by three weeks just to avoid starting at the same time. Do not annoy any person who is very excited about this I do not expect. Just be truthful to assist Lionhead here. However at least drop the Securom I honestly do not think sales will improve any at all?

Let's be realistic here, only very few actually care enough about DRM and the security of knowing what securom is still that small portion and very few are going to frankly do not buy that. Really definitely affect sales significantly. We have the same opinion on that securomis not appropriate, however I really doubt that will hurt sales within any way. While you possibly will be right through your concern about the release date I'm also pretty sure that Microsoft and Lionhead have thought that through more than enough and know the witcher release at the same time.

I'm pretty confident Fable 3 PC will utilize GFWL although it through Steam. Just like GTA4 or Dawn of War 2. I doubt it will become live Steamworks accomplishment. I would be happy if the game would utilize Securom or Tages and not anything else. The entire these binding mechanisms within account is what makes me believe of buying a game or not (usually not buying at the time). I am totally against the forced union of mind games when you cannot loosen the grip. Even the Witcher 2 will come with Securom in hard copy (only digital distribution is free of copy protection) to prevent the activation of pre-launch, for example. I'm fine with Securom, since it has turn out to be much more consistent than it was years ago and remains the least intrusive copy protection in comparison with steam.

I do not understand the logic of much of what you say. I respect your opinion, of course, simply makes no sense to me. I mean you can play Steam games offline too. A third steam does not seem to matter to the hundreds of games is used. As a result track record wise it’s obtain a good standing. Compared to GFWL which has understandable major defects. Such as not yet being obtainable within many countries as having poor customer support as soon as issues happen.

I'm all for Securom or Tages if I have to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea, as this can and sometimes most of the games patched after the first few months. Steam is for all time there and once saw a steam game, you essentially get something. If Securom causes troubles, you be able to always utilize a crack. If you want steam also can use a crack, but not get the patches in this way because they offer online, patch, GfWL usually offered as a separate download.