Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-05-2011

Microsoft Kinect?s voice commands and speech recognition feature

Hello friends, I was recently gifted an Xbox 360 console by my brother and it?s quite cool. But I am facing some problems while playing with it. I am not able to control my Xbox 360 using the Kinect voice commands and speech recognition. It would be very helpful to me if someone tells me how to activate the voice commands of the Xbox 360 kinect and also tells me how it works. So, please if someone has any knowledge about it let me know and if anyone has the Xbox 360 console with kinect voice share your experience with me and how you play with it.
Old 17-05-2011

Re: Microsoft Kinect?s voice commands and speech recognition feature

Hello there, by using the Kinect voice recognition, your Xbox 360 console can be controlled with your voice. To start using the Kinect voice commands on your Xbox 360 console, you will have to use some voice inputs. In order to activate the Kinect voice commands, you need to begin by saying the word ?Xbox.? Once you say ?Xbox,? the Kinect speech bar will be activated and will be open at the bottom of the screen. After saying ?Xbox? the Kinect voice commands are activated by you and after that you can say or speak any word or phrase which appears on screen to activate that item. For example, you can say ?Xbox open tray? to open the disc drive.
Old 17-05-2011

Here is a short list of voice inputs which you can use to or say to the Kinect Xbox in order to perform certain actions:
  • If you want to go to the Kinect Hub?..say this ?Xbox Kinect?.
  • If you want to play a disc you can say?.?Xbox play disc?.
  • If you want to see more options in the Kinect Hub?.say ?Xbox next ? or ?Xbox previous?.
  • If you want to sign in to your profile?.say ?Xbox sign in?.
Old 17-05-2011

Here are some more of voice commands or inputs which will be of additional help for you.
  1. Say ?Xbox Kinect ID? If you wish to Start Kinect ID.
  2. Say ?Xbox open tray? or ?Xbox close tray? if you wish to open or close the disc tray.
  3. Say ?Xbox Dashboard? if you wish to go to the Xbox dashboard.
  4. Say ?Xbox Kinect Tuner ? if you wish to start the Kinect Tuner.
Old 17-05-2011

Here are those voice commands which you can use while watching videos or listening songs.
  • ?Xbox fast forward? command can be used to fast forward a video.
  • ?Xbox rewind? command can be used to rewind a video.
  • ?Xbox pause? command can be used to pause music or video.
  • ?Xbox play? command can be used to play music or videos.
  • ?Xbox next? command can be used to skip forward videos or music.
  • ?Xbox previous ? command can be used to skip back videos or music.
Old 17-05-2011

One of the most important points which you should probably keep in your mind is that the user won?t be able to turn ON or OFF the Xbox console with voice commands. Also when you are watching some videos from your stored video library or from the Windows Media center or while you are playing music from your music library. Voice commands are also disabled while you are playing any music of video files from your disc. It is recommended to read the game manuals or the on-screen instructions while you are playing the game, in order to make sure that the game supports voice commands.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,