Thread: Online safety and privacy settings with Microsoft Kinect for Xbox 360

Online safety and privacy settings with Microsoft Kinect for Xbox 360

Hello guys, I have been using Microsoft Kinect for my Xbox 360 console from last few months and enjoying it a lot. I have always used it for just playing and now I am looking forward to use all the other features as well. I know that we can share photos and videos using the kinect and for that purpose I wish to get a proper knowledge about the online safety and privacy settings with Microsoft Kinect for Xbox 360 to start with sharing images and videos with other people. Suggestions will be appreciated like always. Thank you in advance.

Re: Online safety and privacy settings with Microsoft Kinect for Xbox 360

A large range of online safety and privacy settings is available in Xbox LIVE which can control your experience with Xbox LIVE. The default settings for online safety and privacy are divided into three age groups, which is Adult, Teen and Child. However, it is possible for the user to change the online safety and privacy settings as per their respective choice. All the Microsoft kinect users are provided with the service to control what they wish to share with others when they are using Xbox LIVE service. Adults are allowed to change the default settings of their account by themselves. They can also change the setting of their family members account.

It is possible for users to change the online safety and privacy settings for there or any other profile on their Xbox 360 console. You can do so by following the below steps:
    1. Start you Xbox 360 console and Sign into your Xbox LIVE account from it.
    2. Select My Xbox option, and then click on your avatar.
    3. Now, go to the Online Safety option, and select the Change Settings option.
    4. Select on Customize and customize your settings according to your wish.
    5. Press the B button of your controller to Exit, and finally save the settings by selecting Save and Exit option.

If you wish to change the setting of your child’s safety and privacy setting, then you have to follow the same steps given in the above post. But after following the first step you have to follow these two step:
    1. Follow step 1 from above post
    2. Go to My Xbox, and select Family Center or Family Settings option.
    3. Choose the child account that you wish to manage and change the settings.
    4. Follow the steps 3, 4 and 5 from the above post.

You can also promote any child account to an adult account. But this option is made available only the account holder reaches the age of adulthood i.e. 18 years in USA. Below are the steps to promote a child account to an adult account.
    • Start your Xbox 360 console and Sign in the Xbox LIVE account of the user which you wish to change.
    • Now go to My Xbox option and select your profile.
    • Choose the Manage Account option and then Select the Promote Child Account option.
    • Now keep on following the on-screen instructions to promote the account.
    • Once you have finished with the process, logout and again login the account and you will notice that the child account is promoted to an adult’s account.

The default value of the online safety and privacy settings are calculated by using the date of birth which the user must have provided while creating his/her account . this date cannot be changed and if you have entered wrong birth-date then the only option which you are left with is to create a new account with a correct date of birth. Also all the Child accounts are connected with their parent’s or other adults Windows Live ID. This adult account can easily control the family settings and restrict some of the Xbox LIVE features. The adult account can also limit the amount of time the child account holder will use the Xbox console on a daily or weekly basis. If you wish to see the default online safety and privacy settings then I would recommend you to visit the following website Default online safety and privacy settings and click on the second option of Default online safety and privacy settings.