Thread: How to clean the lens of Microsoft Kinect sensor

How to clean the lens of Microsoft Kinect sensor

Hello friends, I have been using kinect sensor Xbox from last two months now. It is having no issue. It’s being running smoothly and perfect like ever. But I still have some queries. As the kinect sensor have lens, there are possibilities of its lens getting little dirty with the accumulation of dust and dirt particles. So I wanted to know is it possible to clean the lens of Kinect sensor and if it is possible then how can we do it? Please help me with your valuable suggestions. It will be appreciated like always.

Re: How to clean the lens of Microsoft Kinect sensor

I think it might be possible to clean the lens of kinect sensor. I would recommend you to keep the environment and the room where you have kept your kinect sensor completely clean form dust and dirt particles. Make a habit of cleaning the nearby area and the kinect sensor lens like you clean any other accessories and products. It won’t be much difficult or big issue to clean the lens of your kinect sensor. but while doing so, please make sure your hands are clean or you will end up pasting your finger prints on the lens.

According to me I don’t think it will be possible for you to clean the lens of your kinect sensor, as it is too risky to try cleaning the lens. You may end up damaging the lens and thus spoiling the entire system. So I would recommend you not to try cleaning the lens by yourself. And if you desperately want to clean the lenses then I would recommend you to do so under the guidance of some expert. That will make your work much easier and you will be able to perform the task in a better way.

Almost in all the cases, the Kinect sensor lens does not requires to be cleaned. But if somehow ever you find any kind of dust or dirt on your lens, you can follow the below procedure to clean the lens of your Kinect sensor without risking to damage it.
    • First and the most important point which you should remember is that you must use a soft lens cleaning brush if you wish to remove those accumulated dust or dirt particles.
    • Once you are done with it, you should use a clean microfiber cloth which is specially designed for cleaning lenses.
    • Remember that you should gently wipe the lens in a circular motion and not in horizontal or vertical motion.
    • You can also use a good recommended cleaning solution which is specially designed to clean the lenses or glasses in order to the existing dust or fingerprints. Make sure that you are not using the solution directly on the lens but you are applying it on the microfiber cloth and then using the cloth.

Thank you everyone for showing your concern towards my matter and replying t my post so quickly. It was very kind of everyone of you. But now I am with one more query of mine. I have known that ever product has got its own serial number. So I was looking for my Kinect sensor’s serial number but was unable to detect it. It would be very grateful, if some could again help me finding out where I can actually detect the serial number on my Kinect sensor. Thank you for past help as well as for future assistance.

How to clean the Kinect sensor lens ?

Hi, I have a xbox at my place and I have bought It newly, I heard many problems regarding the sensors, so is it that delicate that it breaks often. As I always used to play it very nicely even, anyways, can anyone tell me how to clean the sensors, like which material shall I use to clean it? Is there any precaution shall I make before cleaning it? Any suggestion, because I haven’t clean it ever?

Re: How to clean the Kinect sensor lens ?

Well, my friend in fact I also haven’t clean it yet, but as far as I know, it will not need to cleaned every time, but if you find dirt on that you can simply clean it by the cotton cloth only, or I think you can buy the new cleaning brush from the market too, they are specially design for the cleaning purpose only so would recommend you to clean it by it, rather than the cloth, after all it is the option only.

If you are doing it for the first time, I would suggest you to take care of it, as it is t delicate, but even after you get dust particles on the lens there are different steps to remove it, don’t just start with any unnecessary thing as it may damage you lens. I would suggest you to use the microfiber cloth rather than the simple cloth, as it is designed specially to clean the lenses of the game console, or you can even clean the lens of your DVD player also.

Yeah, you are right brother, even I have bought the microfiber cloth and then only I just cleaned my lens, but if you cleaned it properly, though you find dust or finger print on that, you can follow the solution that is design by the Microsoft itself, that is specially made for cleaning the lenses or glasses. Yeah, but don’t forget, don’t apply it directly to the lens.

It is very simple to find the serial number of your product in your Microsoft Kinect Sensor device. You can find the serial number of your Kinect sensor on the bottom of your sensor. The serial number is located directly below the barcode pasted in your kinect sensor. The serial number is usually a 12-diget number. Make sure that you have saved this number, as this number can be usefull for you to claim the warranty for your kinect sensor, if it ever gets damaged or malfunction in the near future under the warranty period.