Thread: Hardcore mode in Brink?

Hardcore mode in Brink?

As the title says, some popular games have like a hardcore mode example. Call of Duty games an a lot of people like them better because you don’t have to put a whole clip and have to have a damage booster just to kill them it seems more realistic I guess. But do you think this game would have it or should have it? Please help me in this case and let me know where I can the better information or if you people have the same then please tell me how to get the same.

Re: Hardcore mode in Brink?

I am sorry, but this is a bad idea. They want to make to game in a way when it's personal, where it's about tracking your target and keep shooting accurate over time. This game has low recoil and spread, even on SMG's to accomplish this. In addition, it takes more than one headshot to kill someone. Hardcore mode would remove everything they want this game to be. How could medics possibly heal, reviving would be impossible since you're dead within seconds. Giving ammo would be almost useless, since you don't need many bullets, and you die faster. Completing objectives would become way more difficult, especially for the attacking team. What about the health bonus for heavies? They would have to make a mode that takes all these things into account AND they would have to balance it, which requires quite some time.

See the campers i could understand being a problem but they don’t have super long hallways for snipers so I have heard so they'd be easier to take out i guess. as for completing objectives being harder yea i know it would be hard that would kind of be the point really. and with the being able to dodge and the use of smart system would kind of help with staying alive. i don’t know about most people but i would rather know if i pick up an SMG an i shoot him I am able to kill him rather than needing 2 clips to kill him i can understand everyone’s point but some people like to be able to shoot someone an kill them rather than need 2 clips from a 30 round smg to finally put them down.

You see, you have to play the campaign, because it is the single player, the co-op and the multiplayer. It is all in 2 modes, resistance campaign and security campaign. You pick one and before you start, you choose if you want to play solo, co-op or multiplayer. So, for there to be a hardcore mode, it would need to be a mission. And at some point if you want to beat the game completely, not skip any levels or miss out on the story, than you must play that mission.

I don’t think it would be lights only personally that just be but I don’t and the reason you'd need high power is to take them out faster, yea sure smg's themselves are faster but the rifles or shotguns would do a lot of damage. as for the medic statement now that i think about it, they wouldn’t really become useless they would be the most important because they could keep you alive rather then have to respawn.

Ok don’t know why we are getting all mad an using all caps now. but I am not saying to have it be a difficult setting ok very week example because they are to totally different games but like COD you can choose to play multiplayer normal or in a hardcore server. I am saying like that. but like i stated before i guess if they don’t put something like this in which id understand if they didn’t someone i guess sooner or later would come up with a health lowered server or something I don’t know i guess we will just wait an see.

I don’t see why people argue over things like this on a pc level, this discussion should be carried on by console players because it actually matters to them, as you cannot have modified servers on consoles, I play A LOT of games on the pc and am happy with them because of their versatility compared to their xbox companions, I still play games on my xbox but I care much more about what content I get with the disk on my xbox because I cannot mod a server on it.