Thread: How to gather XP’s in Brink ?

How to gather XP’s in Brink ?

So I have come to realize that kills will be some of the lowest form of gathering XP. This is something I have not seen for a while. Currently I play BC2 with around a 2.0 kdr give or take. Destroying or saving the common points only award me with 100 XP. This is the equivalent of 2 kills very easy to get. What we now see in that game is a lack of will to rush for the objective to defend/attack it. People prefer to stay in the back and camp and get some kills as it awards more XP (makes sense right?). So why do people want kills for XP or for KDR? Now for me, personally, I always want to get the most kills possible as KDR means everything to me. It shows skill IMO. Maybe Brink should take out that valuable stat, and add something different. Maybe like a PDR that is nothing but Point Death Ratio. Think about it. This will remove most if not all spawn killers, campers, masses of sissy snipers, etc. People will be forced to take the objective if they want to look good on their stats. Any suggestions?

Re: How to gather XP’s in Brink ?

Maybe not a point to death ratio, since that still places emphasis on not dying, which could lead to camping or being overly cautious. Maybe just an average of your Points Per Second, or PPS? Or maybe a Points Per Match ratio instead. Basically, I just think that if they keep track of stats at all I want it to be about experience or objectives completed and have nothing to do with kills or deaths. That way, if you want to have a high ratio you'll have to get out there and go for the objectives like there's no tomorrow.

If a player wishes to jump into hardcore/pro mod he must be able to, because those are classic to competitive game play since last decade. If we all are able to choose single player, co-op or multilpayer we should also have the ability to custom server settings in our dedicated servers where we are going to spend our valuable money. So we should be able to set: co-op, multiplayer, pro/hardcore mod ON/OFF, player slots (8vs8, 16vs16), friendly fire ON/OFF, cross airs ON/OFF, Buffs ON/OFF, etc. I expect that everyone wants to be able to play the way they enjoy the most while allowing others to play as well the way they wish.

I believe their trying to achieve this by bribing us with exp. By completing objectives, doing so with the help/helping allies, buffing, and many other things. It also cost less pips to buff someone else than yourself. They mention that this is not a game about kills and how you may be able to complete some objectives without even firing your gun. I even heard we get an exp bank which fills up if we stand next to each other and complete missions while next to each other not confirmed though. This is all an objective based game so it may work similar to other games. For example in Call of Duty you get very little experience for getting kills in Headquarters since in that game type your focus should be about completing the objective.

Players who fundamentally understand the concept of the game, will enjoy it and say good things about, unfortunately, the amount of gamers that see Brink and rush to conclusions about what it is (usually the wrong the conclusions) outnumber those who are informed. Although I appreciate weeding out these players, I am also concerned about the "bad rap" they will give this game, and tell their friends and such about it, which are fueled by misinformation and false speculation.

Let's hope that enough people at the very least rent the game to try it. I do understand that some people do not like this type of game play but I can also see how some people will try it and find out that it is much more enjoyable than the standard FPS, whether it be because of the integration of single player/co-op/multiplayer or by depth of customization available or whatever. I can find many unique things that will make Brink stand out from the competition and I hope that others can see those things too.

The thing I want to know is, do you 'have' to use the objective wheel? Like, say I am a Soldier, and I have to blow a barricade, and by doing so I will get 300xp. Now, if I select it from my wheel, the game will let me know what it is I am doing, where to go, etc. I do it, I get the xp. But what if I never selected it, and went right to where I had to go and blew the barricade regardless - will the game still reward me? Or say someone else selected it and I did not, will I get the credit if I did it first? Common sense would dictate that no matter how I go about it, as long as I get it done, I should be rewarded, but there hasn't been any cut and dry info on this.

The thing I want to know is, do you 'have' to use the objective wheel? Like, say I am a Soldier, and I have to blow a barricade, and by doing so I will get 300xp. Now, if I select it from my wheel, the game will let me know what it is I am doing, where to go, etc. I do it, I get the xp. But what if I never selected it, and went right to where I had to go and blew the barricade regardless - will the game still reward me? Or say someone else selected it and I did not, will I get the credit if I did it first? Common sense would dictate that no matter how I go about it, as long as I get it done, I should be rewarded, but there hasn't been any cut and dry info on this.