Thread: Need information on freeing space of Xbox 360

Need information on freeing space of Xbox 360

I am using Kinect xbox360 and I just love playing in it. I have chosen Microsoft Kinect Console Xbox 360 over Nintendo and PlayStation because it allows us to play games using our body gestures. Use of buttons has totally been eliminated by Kinect Xbox 360. As Xbox console software is regularly updated with new features, so I tried to update Xbox, but it gives an error saying not having enough space. So can anyone tell me how to free up Kinect Xbox Memory space?

re: Need information on freeing space of Xbox 360

Microsoft Kinect Xbox Console is much better than other consoles. Kinect console software comes with a new feature and hence there is a release of each update. In order to update your Kinect Xbox console software you require 190 Mb of free space if you are not staying in Japan because Japan requires 256 MB of free storage space. In your case, your Xbox is not getting updated because you are not having enough memory, so try to free the storage space as required.

I guess your Xbox memory is full. You would have filled your Xbox with photos, Avatars, themes, etc. you should remove some of the items to free up space, so that newer Xbox console software would get that amount of free space and hence your Kinect Xbox Console would get updated with a newer version. You can check the amount of free space on your Kinect by navigating to My Xbox then System Settings, then select memory and then you would see a primary storage device i.e. Hard Drive on which free space is displayed.

I have observed my free space and it is almost full. I want to free up my space by transferring existing data to other device, so that I can store new data in it. My Kinect contains several games, profiles, and avatars and I don’t want to lose them, so is it possible to copy or move the data from Xbox to external storage device. I am having pen drive which is empty, so I want to transfer all the Xbox contents to my external drive, so tell me the steps in transferring these contents to external device.

You can take all your Xbox contents to external drive. For that you have to connect your external device to your Xbox then go to My Xbox then system settings then select Memory. Now here select the storage device from which you want to cop, move or delete the content. If you are transferring content from Kinect to external drive then select Hard Drive, and if you are transferring content from external drive like USB then select MU, i.e. Memory Unit. Then select type of content you want to copy, move or delete and then select certain action accordingly.

Re: Need information on freeing space of Xbox 360

You may also free up space of your Kinect Xbox by removing System cache files or temporary files. The cache files include update installation files, game updates, and some of the pictures. Don’t get scared that if you remove cache files, then your game tag, downloaded content, games file or console software package won’t be altered or removed. For clearing system cache select memory then select any storage device then press Y and you will find clear System cache option, just select it and your cache would be emptied.