Thread: Main worries about Brink 2

Main worries about Brink 2

Since the first version of this topic got locked for post limits I will open it back up for discussion now that we have some more info on Brink. My main worry has to be the eventual perfect build people will make for all classes. Some of the creativity in choosing skills and making your character truly different might be clouded by the discovery of the "Perfect Offense Soldier" ability and exp expenditure. I hope with the extra time they are developing this game for they use it to truly balance the game so no one has a huge advantage coming out of the gates.

Re: Main worries about Brink 2

I would think that instead of making subsequent unlocks weaker, you could just attempt to balance them all and start the player off with unlock credits. If a player knows something is OP, he can create a new character and exploit this fact. If the game is balanced, there will be more diversity of game play. Staple "perks" like stopping power need to leave. No matter what, I'm not using Battle Hardened it's stupid to add a perk just to waste it. Abilities are supposed to be situational, not passive buffs.

My worries are that Brink will get boring because of the slow paced nature of playing with non-light players, which is why I might consider getting together 7+ people to play with who love light and will accept nothing less. Not a clan though, clans emphasize on skill and tend to take fun out of the game, especially for the opposing team. If the enemy team is losing horrendously, make everyone choose their worst class and worst weapon, seriously. I do approve of mics though, not for call-outs, just for stress on objectives, coordination of rushes, and general conversation to make it a social game, not a takes-itself-too-seriously game. You may say defending will be impossible with 8 light players, but I say that's how the game should be played.

Actually I feel like people believe heavies are moving at a slow walk and their compassion is set to one. Heavies will approximately certainly move just as fast as most FPS's, maybe a little slower but not a crawl speed. On topic, one thing that worries me is the fact that since the game has the characters mechanically talking it means more people will decide to not use their mic. Personally I can't stand playing in a completely silent room so that would annoy me and eventually I'd stop playing in public rooms.

My fear is that over saturation of kill-emphasized shooters, like Halo, BC2 and MW2, will bring an influx of players to Brink who will do everything they can to conform Brink into the dumped down, fragfest they are used to, rather than playing the game the way it was intended, ultimately ruining online play for the rest of us, leaving co-op and bot matches the only viable option to play a game with competent teammates.

I agree with the users mentioned above but like someone said, I fear that when people play this game it's going to turn into a "BOOM ha you died noob" from a small 12 year old who isn't even supposed to be playing this game but does anyway and make this game not fun anymore. While I don't care what age you are I really don't like playing with immature brats who mic spam all day and curse and yell hacker every time they die. MW2 got worse after a few months and stopped playing after that.

I cannot wait till someone takes your inflated views of lights down a peg or 10. You are really starting to give yourself a bad name by spouting this high and mighty lights are gods crap. I wonder how pissed off you will be when you start getting by heavies, when you figure out that they aren't lumbering giants. I think its funny that not only do you think they will be slower than a herd of snails traveling through molasses, but they will be taken down from a quick burst of your smg. I am sure you will get the drop on people, but I am also damn sure that you will get dropped by heavies every time you fail to flank or someone figures out you attempting a backstab and mercs you before you can pull it off. I see a ton of frustration in your future.

Well according to me Faction imbalance in MAG came from the Factions not actually being balanced, they should have had different guns yes, but they all should have had the same stats but they didn’t. With this game there is no real game play difference in factions, as they both have same weapons and same abilities, it’s just that they look different and have different stories to tell. People turning around and killing you in MAG was because they have it set to take many shots to the body but just 1 to the head, and I am guessing you’re like me and aim for center of mass, so while we are unloading round after round into their fleshy behind, they turn around and cap us with a pistol and run off laughing thinking you’re a newbie.