Thread: Brink: PC or Console Port

Brink: PC or Console Port

I am looking to get this particular game Brink on the computer of mine. Before I go an purchase this particular game I am having a particular query which I need to be solved by the users of this particular forum. Well I want to know whether this particular game is developed on the separate platform without implementing porting? Let me know if you are aware of the thing which I have mentioned over here. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Brink: PC or Console Port

Well looking at the requirement of yours I would like to state that the Brink is not the console port of the game. it is developed for the all the kind of the three platform. I mean to say this particular game is supposed to be cross platform. So that you will be able to share the as much as code possible and assets between all the platforms while playing the game. In the scenario of the cross platform developer of the game is supposed to write the code which is portable across the multiple hardware platform. So I think you have understood the thing which you are looking for.

I want to elaborate the thing which is mentioned in the previous post in the game. for example you have developed the offload code which can be used by the PS3 or the various kind of hardware like Xbox or the computers which they are having. The developer should be aware of the features of the hardware platform. Also they have done better attention so that they would be able to fully utilize the hardware configuration of the devices at the time of the playing of the game.

I love this particular game Brink. Well I have found number of games which is used to favor Xbox 360 or PS3. But in the scenario Brink it is supporting all the kind of the hardware platform. This game has become batter and more batter ever it was in the past. They have simply developed a game engine which is supporting all the three kind of the hardware platforms without having any need for the porting in the game.

Well it is already mentioned by the developer of the game that they have made three separate version of the game so that it can be distributed all the three kind of the gamers. I have found some people who are claiming that the Brink is having Console port. It seems to be running well on the computer so I don’t think there is any matter whether it is a console port or not. however Console FPS would have different look and feel than that of the PC version of the FPS.

Gamers who are playing on the PC would think that they are having great game on the PC. People on the Console might have worst experience because the game is ported on the console. PC version of the game took less amount of the coding than that of the Console version of the coding. It takes lots of time to balance the thing in the game. I am not thinking that there is majority of the people on the game are looking for the console game. mostly game is released for the PC then it is ported to the Console.

Brink did not seem to PC to console or Console to PC port. The developer of the game are supposed to using the software which is allowing them output the code for the Computer as well as Console without making any actual porting in the game. also you will be having the same version of the engine in the game for the playing of the game. So I think you have figure out the thing which you are looking for in this particular thread.