Thread: Is it possible to take two of the same gun in Brink

Is it possible to take two of the same gun in Brink

This question came up while I was thinking regarding how switching guns is quicker than reloading. It wouldn’t be applicable very frequently, as a heavier weapon should approximately all the time be better. In its place of a pair of SMGs you might also have an AR/SMG. But say somebody just needed to snipe. Could a Medium obtain two Barrett Long Rifles? In its place of operational the bolt, you could just toggle between one gun and the other, and get two times the magazine size.

Re: Is it possible to take two of the same gun in Brink

I comprehend what the OP is saying, he is not saying have 2 of the similar weapons i.e. minigun + minigun. What he means is say could an average body type have 2 light form weapons prepared one in the primary slot and another in the secondary, or same could a heavy have 2 medium weapons ready. For me it types of beats the purpose though, one of the major reasons to have a heavier body form is so you can access the larger guns. You can arise with better weapon mixtures. At present I like the idea of a heavy soldier with the Minigun as main and the Lobster Grenade launcher as secondary.

You cannot have 2 primary weapon types for your body form:

1. Light body types can use a light gun as primary, and a pistol as secondary.
    2. Medium body types can use a medium gun as primary, and a light gun as secondary.
    3. Heavy body types can use a heavy gun as primary, and a medium gun or sidearm as secondary.

For instance:

1. Light body types using two sidearm’s (that is: Pistols).
    2. Medium body types using 2 light guns (that is: SMGs).
    3. Heavy body types using two medium guns (that is: Assault rifles).

I can think of 2 causes right off the top of my head why it could be helpful.

1. Take two of the similar weapon class and adapt them to fill two totally dissimilar roles. For instance, a precise, silenced SMG paired with an un-silenced SMG with a beat magazine for spray 'n pray.
    2. Adapt them both to be almost the same. Although you can't take two of the similar gun, taking two same guns would be, basically, like doubling your ammo.

The trouble with taking two of the similar weapon type is you limit yourself. A light body types who obtains 2 pistols won’t be capable to take an SMG. A medium which takes SMG's won’t be capable to obtain medium weapons and the similar applies to heavies. You have to get into account the body type and how effectual the weapons are balancing with them. A medium with 2 SMG's is going to go slower and will discover it harder to get into close battle than say a Light body type. The similar relates to a Heavy with Assault Rifles. The punishment for moving slow is that you have an influential weapon while you reach your target; it just looks useless to me to not take your uppermost weapon while obtainable.

Mediums, and Heavies, as well get shotguns that Lights do not. Fighting at the suitable range is a bit that any body type can do. Lights can merely close, or widen, that gap more rapidly than their heavier counterparts. Not anything I can't, as a Medium for instance, simply account for. The range dissimilarity doesn't look too great between the majority of the weapons, shotguns and long rifles excluded, anyhow. My point being that if I am at any kind of difficulty for having two of the similar weapon class, that drawback will be very slight and simply compensated for.