Thread: Concerns about the PC version of Brink

Concerns about the PC version of Brink

I have been playing approximately each FPS game which was released sins the initial doom. By the looks of it Brink is going to be immense, but sins there are no unlocked beta or demo I can just rely on videos of the gameplay and I have some anxieties. Sins the game is urbanized for consoles I am frightened of it looking like a poor port to the computer. And here are similar basic thing many fps game did badly in the past few years.
    1. Graphics scaling - Not like a console PC gamers have dissimilar hardware so please give us the alternative to twist things up or down.
    2. UI - don’t just take the console UI and paste it we have dissimilar controls, we can utilize a mouse and 1-9 to preferring mission objective and so on.

Re: Concerns about the PC version of Brink

I split lots of similar anxieties to the OP, especially hitboxes, damage settings / TTK and faction speed being modified to a mouse / keyboard setup. The query isn't that Splash don't know all regarding suitable customization for PC for the great fun experience as they are perceptibly experts (see WET and to a lesser point QW), but whether the forces of big wealth have permitted them to slip them in below the radar, rather than the cut and paste loom that is common in most recent FPS.

I memorize reading that they did great work on the hitboxes, especially while you are down on the ground and scaling walls, and so on. I wouldn't fret; they wouldn't place it out if it wasn't as ideal as can be. And like everybody else said, they worked on every edition separately. There is no porting, so think of this more like counter strike source, where you can modify just regarding the whole thing. Wouldn't fret regarding hitboxes, they must have HAD to place many work into it because of the smart system or it would be unplayable.

I don't think you should have quicker progress on PC. Movement is impartial the way it is for a cause, and you shouldn't slow it down for console or pace it up for computer. As for fretting that they're embarrassed of the PC version or something, fairly the opposite. SD has a sterling status on PCs, where their console status is at excellent a blank slate; at nastiest they have to deal with all the crappy console games PC Devs have prepared over the years. Thus, they need people to see that you can securely purchase the console edition if you would favor by featuring it greatly.

My core concerns that many console ports spoil on:
    1. Mouse movement. There should be no mouse hurrying, mouse flatting, dead zone, unenthusiastic mouse Accel, or anything else damages the movement. It necessitates being raw mouse input, not anything getting in the means of the mouse and the game.
    2. FOV. The FOV should be adaptable to as a minimum 90 degrees horizontal. And if it's not adaptable, make the default FOV 90.
    3. Hold crouch and clasp crouch. Hold ADS and clasp ADS. We require the alternative to select between clasp and hold.
    4. An interface which works nice with a mouse and keyboard and utilizes its benefits.

No I haven't. What's that obtained to perform with anything? Your worries are unfounded: attempt ET: QW demo and notice for yourself. The amount of choices obtainable is silly. Secondly I wasn't even aspiring that message at you: I was aspiring it at someone else for saying regarding console ports later than a group of people established it wasn't. You should however have utilized search as this theme has been enclosed so many times it's sore to keep reading.

Can you please provide me such information which will evidence that Brink is not console port (I require it for forming influence vs. people who not trust SD and not heard regarding ET and ETQW). But please just firm facts, words like "SD is a PC developer", and "each version has its own progress platform" are no suitable, because of lots of others developers, who told people similar things, and after that we have games like Wolfenstein 2009 and Black Ops, words are simply words, and I wish you will concur that any seller will not tell you an awful thing regarding it product.

Why is it not suitable that they said every edition is being worked on separately? Is it not suitable because you think they are lying? Please, explain why it's not suitable for them, you can't utilize "other developers said this", it's not suitable. The understanding is that they have just got more experience with PC games than console games, so this edition should be the simplest for them as they know accurately what a PC version needs. The understanding is up to yourself, you can be naysayer all you want, I am utilizing past games they've worked, the truth they know the engine inside and out as they worked on it widely with Quake Wars, and as well going with different conversations on here and on IRC.