Thread: Need a Sniper Rifle Game Play in Brink

Need a Sniper Rifle Game Play in Brink

Hi friends today itself I have downloaded this game and started playing the same on my PC. I have installed the game properly and also didn’t face any problem regarding the same while playing it. But the only problem that I am facing here is that I can’t play the game with sniffer rifle I mean I am unable to have it but before knowing how to have I want to know what the various uses of the same and how I can have a go at it.

Re: Need a Sniper Rifle Game Play in Brink

The "sniper rifles" in Brink, look and sound like sniper rifles, but behave differently. They are actually called "short rifles" in Brink. Here are some comments i am making on "sniper rifles."- There isn’t a big emphasis on sniping in this game. There will be weapons with scopes and rifles that do more damage and have a slower reload, but the whole sniper alley thing just isn't enough fun for enough players. They said they wanted to create an ‘Intimate Shooting Experience.’ This is a big reason why they decided to have 8v8, and not something more large scale. This is also why there aren’t any usable vehicles in the game.

It’s really important to do that for a bunch of reasons, One our characters look awesome! We don’t want them to be little 3 pixel tall guys on the screen. Plus, you will put all this work into the customization of your character, so you want your guy to be seen, as your mowing your enemy down…But as well, we just want to have a level of intensity, where it’s very, very fast, and you don’t have to go very far before you’re right up against the enemy.

While we have guns that look like a sniper rifle and sound like a sniper rifle and are scoped like a sniper rifle, we're not a game that has sniper rifle style "go hide on a hill in the bushes and wipe out every enemy you see with one shot kills", so they're nowhere near as powerful as one you'd find in other games, for instance. So to use them effectively, you've either got to favor the skinny guys (who have fewer than average hitpoints), or think of sniping more as a 'softening the enemy up' so that your other teammates can finish them off.

I am not a fan of sniping either have played many FPS were my team will take out everyone on the other team or vise verse and go to arm or plant on an objective only to get sniped because they had one player as backup picking off anyone off trying to arm which gives the rest the team enough time to spawn in and get back there to defend. Snipers can be a valuable asset to a team it just depends on how they are implemented into the game and what abilities etc they have available to them. Ex Killzone2 snipers could spot and mark enemies so they would show up on friendliest mini maps.

Well I mean they could make them more team friendly in Brink by giving them certain abilities to contribute or help the team out besides just their ability to pick people off trying to arm something or picking off targets the team cannot get to. I would be really interesting if they did make a recon class in Brink because of the abilities act they could make for them. Anyways my main point was though there are a lot of people who try and snipe that don’t contribute to the team there are players who are good at that skill set and can help the team just like any other class.

Sniping IMO unless is a major part of a game, should never be emphasized. It’s one of the easily most over power able features in a game. BF2142, last i played, got it right. you didn’t have a dot to line up on your scope, so you were left to "eyeball" where your lead had to be. I never had the opportunity to get it right since I didn’t understand the mechanic, and even when i did near the end it was still very difficult which is exactly how it should be. I knew a few skilled players who would wreck people with sniper rifles, and those were far and few in between, which is how it should be. Anyone can grab an assault rifle, they’re easy, but you also put yourself on the line. If you’re skilled, you can utilize those skills in other forms of combat that make you more deadly.