Thread: The Stuff which I actually saw in Brink’s trailer is not currently in the game

The Stuff which I actually saw in Brink’s trailer is not currently in the game

I can see why there will be no free running because it's all about practicality, and one hit kill head shots have also been discussed rather abundantly. Which leaves us with DUAL PISTOLS, PRIMARY MELEE WEAPONS, and DUAL KNIVES? Now, to me the whole knife thing would just be pointless, as no one but little pre-pubescent would run around trying to play ninja. But, I don't see why there can't be at least one primary melee for at least one of the classes. TF2, which is probably the closest comparison we have to this, included melee weapons, and they never feel over powered or unfair. Just saying, it could be done. And I see absolutely no reason for not putting dual pistols in. I'm not asking for Halo's stupid dual system, just dual pistols.

Re: The Stuff which I actually saw in Brink’s trailer is not currently in the game

A primary melee weapon creates a whole host of possible balance issues as it would completely change game play. I don't have a problem with melee secondary weapons though. I don't see the need for dual melee weapons. Dual pistols are just another weapon; as long as they balance them correctly they should be fine. That is to say those dual pistols shouldn't be clearly better or worse, there should be advantages / disadvantages. For example maybe you can't zoom in with dual pistols and they aren't as accurate as single pistols, which would be more accurate and you could zoom in with.

Re: The Stuff which I actually saw in Brink’s trailer is not currently in the game

No, I'm saying as a secondary weapon, you could choose to dual wield the weapon below the best weapon you can use as a secondary. So lights wouldn't be able to dual wield, mediums would be able to dual wield pistols, and heavies would be able to dual wield SMGs and rifles, but not rifles, as they take two hands and that would just be silly. I personally don't want dual wielding, but perhaps as ability it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Well if you will ask me then I know that there's a video on YouTube with a American soldier dual-wielding some machine guns, I would say it's plausible, but try walking with those for 5minutes while firing now and then. I would rather say, just leave dual-wield out mw2 put dual wield in and most people who can't aim use it. And it's frigging hard to put them down first when you faced each other at a short distance

Yeah but come-on, how much do you really think an extra pistol would weigh you down? It would be extremely handy too, picture this, you're running when you see an enemy in front of you. You're running anyway so you can't complain about decreased accuracy, and you're only holding a pistol so you need that pistol to be incredibly efficient. What's more efficient than one pistol for killing people on the run but two pistols? Also, nothing is cooler than rocking out with the duel magnums.

To be honest dual wielding shotguns etc like in MW2 to me is stupid. However, if it was to be done like the OLD ET. I am talking Wolf ET akimbo here, I would be fine with it. Basically in W:ET If you got enough XP and hit 4 stars for combat or battle sense I can’t remember which) you got akimbos. This was never a problem to me, you had to earn them, and they were never permanently there, unlike say Bad company 2 where once you get the unlock it’s there forever. In ET once the map rotation was over you lost them and had to re-earn your stars, and for most competitions I am pretty sure they reset the xp after each round. So to me, Dual akimbos would be fine for a high xp reward for EVERY class/body type, as long as it resets after each map rotation and isn't a "once I unlock akimbos I have got them forever if I pick them, no matter what server I go to".