Thread: Female characters in Brink

Female characters in Brink

I would d just like to ask if there will be any female characters in Brink. Myself being a dude and not having problems with whatever gender my toon is I know of a few gamer girls that are way pickier about their in-game appearance. Even thought this looks to be a brutal, testosterone-filled game where it is more likely to rain blood than water I think it would attract a bigger crowd, not girls exclusively, with some curves on the toons. Either way I'm happy cause my aim is to be the scariest hulk you ever tried to outrun.

Re: Female characters in Brink

I was wondering that myself - I was looking closely at the recently released video but all of the figures seemed to be men. I am female and usually, if given a choice in the matter, I will choose to run through the game with a female character. It's not because I want to create a pretty princess toon with ridiculous looking hooters-protective gear, but more because if I am trying to get into the character and the game, I can relate better to a female. But not every game gives you gender options, which I can deal with. This game looks pretty cool, so I will play it regardless, but it is nice to have the choice of gender when starting the game.

I am a male, but in every game that has the option for you to choose which gender will you be, I take a girl one first. It's more exciting for me to try the game with a female character and eventually switch to a male character and continue the game without changing. It would be nice if there were female characters, but I personally think they aren't really necessary. There are few female gamers that mind male characters from what I recall, but I guess it's nice for a girl to play with a female character.

I remember someone saying that they decided to not have females pretty early in the design of the game. I don't have a problem with it personally, if there were female models then there would essentially be half the outfits available than if there weren't female models. So I guess there are no female characters in the same and if you need the same then I really want you to jut try some other games.

Yes, it kills that woman get the short-end in a lot of FPS's. But its not something to really get bent out of shape about. Sure it sucks that you can't relate to the character on a more personal level, but who cares when you only see them during little cut scenes and whatnot. Most FPS's have some kind of cool female NPC in them as well, which can represent a good strong woman among men. Just get the game and have some fun with it, follow my advice about the hood thing, play with a mic as well. Maybe in some DLC or something there will be female skins and meshes made.

This seems to be the only reply answering the question so I'll have to stick to your knowledge. If this is what they have decided I really hope they would add them to the game after the official release. Players should have the option to choose gender in every new game by now. And to be honest not every player that would pick a female character would do it for the looks and I'm sure we'd see a lot of heavy bodied female characters in-game. It won't necessarily mean they are fat, just a bit more buffed than the slim and agile ones. Just like the light-weight male characters would be larger than the light-weight female characters the heavy ones would have the same difference if not increased.

Personally, I prefer to play a game where I can somehow customize the character so it looks like I play as myself. If I play a game where I play as another character, then it's usually hit-or-miss for me when it boils down to me liking the game, regardless of game play or graphic appeal. After looking at the character customization trailer I'm like "Okay? Where's the part where I can give my character a name and gender? I have to be somewhat identifiable when I go online." I saw stuff like Archetypes and personalities, which I like to play as someone that carries a big gun. Granted, I'm not that buff (more like lean) but at least I have abs. In games, I tend to build myself like I work out using a Bowflex, or in Gold's Gym because I work out.