Thread: Would you think there is a need to add more things to BRINK?

Would you think there is a need to add more things to BRINK?

I wouldn't want addition gametypes. I think what Brink is planning to have is going to be great, and shouldn't be ruined by additional gametypes. That would probably cause boosting, glitching, and griefing, as well as demolishing the "Lone Wolf Team Play Thingy Idea" with the objectives, and it would allow people to be completely lone wolves while not helping whatsoever. Brink's campaign multiplayer is going to be really good, even if it's the only gametype. I'll probably find it hard to go back to other games because of this.

Re: Would you think there is a need to add more things to BRINK?

Yea, I would like to see this, but I really don't think it would happen because they wanted to make this game player friendly. They wanted you to be able to move from single player to multiplayer without any trouble. They are also trying to make the AI more human like in the way that they think, so it is easier on people to move to multiplayer. The moral of the story - If a game is done right, less is more you don't need 4 or 5 different gametypes.

Imagine a game with class-based objective gameplay like Brink now take away the single player and co-op, the body types, character customization, 2 faction story mode, persistent characters abilities and other unlocks, no SMART button, dated graphics, and imagine if guns were tied to classes. Oh, and it's a WWII themed game. That is basically what Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is. It is one of SD's previous games; it was released in 2003, and today is like one of the top 3 shooters played online for PC.

What does that have to do with adding multiple gametypes? Like if they were playing soccer or football they would have won? The thread has nothing to do with winning or losing, it is about adding multiple gametypes. All your post is saying is that a team lost a game - nothing to do with anything about adding gametypes. On top of that, the discussion is on video games, and you add in a real life event.

If they can be created without altering the release timeframe, properly tested, and implemented well it is hard to see a downside for adding more game types and providing players with more ways to enjoy the product. Having more variance and more selection should lengthen the life of the game for people. On the other hand cramming more game modes in that are of a lesser quality than the core product doesn't make sense. Unless they are balanced properly, the maps are good, and they feel "finished" I would rather see just one game type that works exceedingly well.

Ok H0RSE, why is this threading still up if you think that the game is good as is WTH?! Man i mean really people should be able to voice their own options about game!
    Who says that the devs are going to stick with just one game mode because u said so? i mean really man, let others enjoy have their "voices" heard even if the game keeps it's "one game mode" type of co-op-ness... it makes them feel good. But when you comes by and "says" nope, bad idea, hate it, i said so and that means they won't do it... it makes feel like they have no voice in anything that a game can do, when in reality game devs look at these posts and think "oh, that would be a great idea, we should add that!" or "errr... maybe not that something else."

I personally think there should be more than one game mode so that the game does not get repetitive like spore or other games. But really man lay off the harshness of being a bully-like figure to others, it's mean and i am surprised people don't find something to report you for. Try complimenting others on their ideas instead of says "no not good, etc." Just saying. Also why are both polls NO? To die on the battlefield is to rise above!

I have hostility towards the fact that you have to say what you about everything people have to say, I wouldn’t mind as much if you didn't say "won't happen, nope" about ALMOST EVERYTHING that people have to say I’ve looked at these posts, and you've commented on most of them ever though this isn't your thread, shouldn't the starter of the thread comment on these topics? Also I have no need to talk to the devs for i have no quarrel with them.

I would rather let them know that the idea they suggested is not going to be in the game, then just have them wondering until the game comes out, and then possibly being upset that it's not there - perhaps I should candy coat my responses? If devs look at forums for ideas, and find one they like, do you really think they are going to think twice because I didn't like it? And if I am telling these people that things they suggest aren't going to be in the game, then devs already came to a decision on the matter because it's not going to be in the game. Not trying to toot my own horn, but I am one of the most knowledgeable members on this board about the game. I try to share the wealth and keep people up to date, answer questions, and whatnot. If you don't like my methods or appreciate my help, then go elsewhere.

I never said I was THE most, I said I was ONE OF the most. I did post a huge info thread, and answer tons of questions. I don't want to come off cocky, but I know a lot on the game - at least from what's been released. This is all about context - how you interpret them. I really don't see anyone else complaining, and mods have kept them up as well. If I "know" something isn't going to be in game, it's because I heard it from a dev somewhere - I just relay it to the community. I wasn't doubting anyone else or disrespecting anyone else's info on the game or SD as a whole. I know you are a constant contributor on the forums Nail; I was just making a point that I'm not just some Joe Shmo, nobody that doesn't know anything on the game, and just makes assumptions, like Sportan seems to think.

While I appreciate your shared knowledge, your attitude towards fellow forum goers is rude and pathetic. It really isn't your place to tell someone go elsewhere but merely welcome them to stick around and argue. That is how forums work. Even if you have them facts. And on the topic. I vote No! Even if KZ2 full warzone isn't exactly what we are talking about here and SD is taking it further, it was something (even slightly) different and more enjoyable than one of the basic modes. It is a shame players had option to narrow it down to TDM only, which they eventually did.