Thread: How to get rid of other language then English in RIFT chat

How to get rid of other language then English in RIFT chat

Therefore, it came down to this, I write this in general discussion and drive further into the chat. Russian players were there written in Russian, even after liberation and was troublesome. No one lasted much about it, but it's been almost 10 days (6 days of the EU), now after the release and continues writing in Russian in the chat. It is beyond annoying. Other players are informed, but keep coming back. Probably same players too. Yes ignore is my friend but it must be the solution every day shit I'm seeing in the daily chat.
    Cloudborn I'm playing, I had no problems with them saying a few phrases, but when it becomes Russian general discussion, then chat. People keep saying and all they do is tell them to continue to grow, the report of my nothing will happen. TRION for the love of God silence cast on them and keep the English server. Apparently for them the European Union (ESP) server does not mean they have to speak English.

re: How to get rid of other language then English in RIFT chat

Because English is the language of business, and has been adopted by almost all countries speaking other languages as a second language when traveling good to know / want to do business internationally. Also because of the existence of so many different languages, if everyone had to learn the language of all the other people to move, we would not have time to learn anything else. So is English.

When you are on a public channel that not only speaks of the Dutch. You're talking to everyone. Sorry, but the rest of the Dutch just look like worthless noise. It is a pointless mess. Who knows, maybe I'm interested in the subject and would like to participate, but are not giving anyone the option. If you want to speak Dutch to their friends, used to say, form a guild, the use of a private channel, or something. A lot of options to talk with friends without increasing the rest of the playerbase.

I am not English and I still think everyone should speak Englsih English on a server. I do not care about your guild / private chat that up for them, but all the public channels and the channels of the parties (which not everyone can understand) should speak English.

That is the reason I never went to Cloudborne because half of the populace does not speak or appreciate English at all that is not possible to converse with half of the people. Using their own language also discourages speak English and most of the groups before GREEK alone or Russian.

Yes I find it very offensive that people around me speak foreign languages because they have no idea how long they are talking about the weather in Russia, my performance in a group or just something normal that I have heard offender. It is impolite to speak any language other than English at an English server for public channels. I guess Americans are not accustomed to this.

I did, and I really do not use public chat to talk. I use it for recruitment. No one should hold talks in public chat. Is to call for help, recruiting, or whatever. No one ever see me holding long conversations there. That is the end for me. There is no such EULA that says I cannot use my own language in the game or in chat groups. My conversations are not intended to annoy people, but when I turn to you, I feel no need to speak their language.

Re: How to get rid of other language then English in RIFT chat

Maybe I'm too busy doing missions and things that really interested in global discussions and the languages people are using. I just do not care at all. If people were doing that in the guild / raid / party would be annoying, but for a public forum simply do not care. Trion There is big issues to worry and focus on (according to notes of the last alpha).

Re: How to get rid of other language then English in RIFT chat

The problem is not that people speak a language other than English, is that they are doing in the general chat server English. Basically it is just spam for most players on the server, and it would be different if I, an English speaker, went on a server speaks Dutch and English in general chat. I have not taken the time to look at the number of servers they have for each language, but it could just be that there is a lack of sufficient non-English servers, in which case you have to add Trion.