Thread: Is RIFT full of pointless WoW-esque quests?

Is RIFT full of pointless WoW-esque quests?

IMO leveling is education for the maximum level of PvP. In all honesty I doubt that really is another way to handle the placement, you have to search, grind mobs, or press a magic button level.

For me, as long as the game is interesting (combat, healing, and the mechanics of the group) I could care less if I have to kill to 500 monkeys, or collect 1,000 players. Missions like that have existed since the big three (Asheron's Call, Everquest and Ultima Online). Some games tout "history" to make the best placement, but in all honesty, does it matter? Everything is history, it's just a showcase of "why" I have to collect, or kill things.

Re: Is RIFT full of pointless WoW-esque quests?

Show me any game where they have a large number of missions that are not in one of 4 or 5 basic categories pick up something, something to kill (s), rescue someone, etc. Since the usual procedure of hundreds of such missions to level limit what cannot be repetitive? A bit of a moot point, right? IMO leveling is just training for max level raiding. Had to be said.

I can see how some people find this type of search, so mundane and boring, but I personally have never had any problem with them as long as the game feels good to play. Plus it's these types of missions that allow you to get an idea of your characters abilities in the early levels and gives a series of enemies to deal with your stuff in your not bad. Back in WoW I liked collecting missions like this and then turn on a zone and delivered as 10 missions at a time and see the XP roll in. I'm sure it will not be the only type of search in the Rift anyway and now is a little worried for nothing let’s wait and see how it turns out.

That's just what though - you really cannot. Games that seek to complement the traditional grinding mill use are designed to be played that way. No quest to kill is clearly less efficient, so it is more or less obliged to do so.

Honestly, I'd rather play a game in which such missions are left out completely. Linoleum noted that when you have hundreds of missions, you're bound to be similar, but why hundreds of missions that are all similar, simple and meaningless?

I think that the missions should be less, more difficult, more complex and usually done by a tangible reward rather than an alternative source of XP.

I have no problem with this type of mission. I am yet to see another alternative that works. One thing that bothers me about the latest MMO's when they make you feel like a hero from the moment you start, I do not want to play the one, the middle son of the god of fate or some other more dramatic RPG shit. When I go into an MMO for the first time, I want to be a faceless nobody should carve my own way in the books of tradition, either to kill dragons or being the best blacksmith in the kingdom, have an option to become what I want to become, not a generic pre-ordered single-player story plot.

I have no problem with this type of search. Why? Because the only way to do searches based on a more interesting story is an example of the devils of the world to experience changes in the storyline of the game. That sounds great but I hate instances. I will put to more mundane tasks if it means that no instances and a more open world game play. That's just my opinion but I think that is synonymous with a lot of people.

Unfortunately, no such missions, complexes, and the missions have to take over. So let's say you add more of them. Whatever the mechanisms used by the missions becomes contempt. Or, you have less of them with more XP given, what is the perception of lower content. I think there's a fine line, and the missions have a place, but it would be interesting to see more missions that allow more ambiguous.