Thread: Why do people cry about Pyro's 8k hit in RIFT

Why do people cry about Pyro's 8k hit in RIFT

I don't PvP as much as the majority of you I am sure. I am no outsider though. But why do people cry concern ing an 8k hit, and not while a cleric sways in with a red orb and hits 4 people for 10k each? I perform it all the time. Is it only because it is a huge number and my 4 strikes for 2-3k on 4 people aren't as much in the battle log? Decided clerics are at peril while they do this, and next to any premade fortuity getting it off. But the similar would type of apply to a mage.

Re: Why do people cry about Pyro's 8k hit in RIFT

That's not accurately how it exertions. It hits up to 3 targets, and every target hit can afterward "explode" (for lack of a improved term), and said "explosion" can strike 4 people. Soul Drain will just deal out foremost damage while it hits 3 people, and the summarize hits four people. Casting it on one person fabricates a very lackluster attack which wouldn't upset an NPC. Pulling it off in a warfront, while you have to be within 7 meters of your target (it's not an arrayed attack) AND hit four people and not get episodic, silenced, stunned or dreaded in the two seconds it takes to cast is not simple.

I like to think of spirit drain as the idiot consciousness test. Sure, it can hit for dim amounts at times, but it is totally preventable approximately 100% of the time if you are paying attention. First, it takes 2 seconds to cast that is perpetuity in PvP. Second, it has to be cast in melee range, as it is centered on the caster at a extremely short range. Third, it has to hit several people to do important damage, which means why somebody didn’t focus that cleric that ran in, stood at a standstill waving his arms in the core of his enemies.

OP has observed clerics fluffing charts. Damage healed and Lives saved are not the similar thing. Drop a 1hp/sec heal on 10 people with 1,000,000 second period. Sure, you have Aoe healed 10,000,000 damage in premise but in practice everybody you are healing died to casters accomplishing burst AoE in its place. Yes, 40k AoE hits can be rad. No, they aren't the similar as getting hit by 8k with a 0 second response time as you have, more than probable, been one-shot. Neither exists for the bulk of the player base in taking or giving.

The Pyro crazy hit is simpler than the clerics for the easy cause that while it does all come together its immediate and the clerics isn't. Having said that if you get somebody with the ability to drag a group of players into 1 spot, that just occurs to be where your cleric is standing, and do it just as the cleric terminates his soul drain cast with fanaticism you get a few interesting results. You could even get a SAB to cc the mass pulled in to make for even more attractive results. Takes a bit of coordination and attempt though but the damage done would far outhit a solitary Pyro with the redball who’s single target.