Thread: Reason to roll a Warrior instead of a Cleric in RIFT

Reason to roll a Warrior instead of a Cleric in RIFT

My main is a rogue and totally dissimilar play style so I have not anything to contrast there. I rolled a fighter alt and am level 36, and thus far I cannot notice any reason to keep going. Why bother? A Cleric can do anything I can perform and heal or RDPS if they need also. Clerics can tank, heal, RDPS, or MDPS in addition to have a mixture of all 4 because of the soul system. Except you just need to play a warrior I don't see the point.

Re: Reason to roll a Warrior instead of a Cleric in RIFT

Why play any character except you wish to? This is meant to be a game; you acquire not anything for concluding top DPS in a WF. I play a Ranger because they are my all-time preferred character and I have RPed the similar char for years. I play a Mage on my alt so I can be a totally dissimilar personality. Is my Rogue Ranger spirited in PVP? He concludes top 3 all the time for DPS, but is not spirited by any means, just a simple kill really. Why do I play him? Because I like to.

What regarding the ability to seem in the mirror without seeing an empty shell of a gamer which just picks simple classes depends on how "good" they are. Do you just pick Ryu because he is good at the whole thing? Do you just pick the FAMAS because it is well at the whole thing? Do you just pick the circle because it has no points? What about picking a warrior because you wish to exercise two axes and smash things in the face, a cleric can't do that.

Warriors can RDPS; they only have to be a quite closer (20 meters) for the Paragon ranged attacks. Yes, priests can tank, but our alleviation against magic harm is atrocious, and we don't comprise as many tricks as a warrior like being able to drag mobs to us. Warriors are more smoothed, can be much more simply specked towards tanking magic based mobs, and have more abilities for scheming mob placement.

Just observed you were identifying PvP. Cleric damage in PvP is in fact quite bad. Warriors or Mages are much better DPS than clerics are. I will confess I enjoy going in with my Inquisitor and dropping AoEs on clusters of opponent casters, and especially around the fang in Black Garden, but it's not important damage, it's just sufficient to be an irritation and make people move (that can be a helpful ability at times.) Seriously, seem into the ranged dps spec for warriors. Its type of lacking CC, but it's brutal, especially alongside casters in the back lines who think they're secure because no one is in melee range.

For PVP - why to roll a Warrior:
    1. You play in sets or with friends, this means with any luck somebody can e a pocket healer, in that case playing a warrior becomes extremely overwhelming.

2. Tanking - certain taunts don't do much in PvP (even the vindicator spirit laughs at this idea), that doesn't signify that players are clever though. If you wish to push the point, nobody does this well than a Warrior. Players impulsively target what's in their face, a fighter getting heals and with straight self survivability is supreme in this task.

Any of the other 3 callings are additional of a benefit to a team as they can actually CC/heal/ do decent damage and at a standstill have immense survivability. And the high burst you are speaking of just occurs in rare cased vs. players with no PvP gear on, and these days in approximately all WF's to my incident you face as a minimum 1 premade any WF. Smart sufficient to target heelers or not? Most are. And you shouldn’t give the impression that it is feasible PvP builds to go magic resistance or a few crap like that, have you actually attempted it yourself.