Thread: Recount/DPS meters in RIFT

Recount/DPS meters in RIFT

I've seen a lot of hatred for that kind of accessories in this forum. Even going so far not wanted in the game. Nobody seems to realize the benefits. "Leeches less. If a class (without stand) is doing well below the DPS requires. (500, when the average is 1500 dps). I like knowing that. Without meters will find that you are downloading. Personal improvement. I know how high dps my own (although a main healer). So I can improve. Or so I can see what works best for building invasions. (That is, the tyranny constructs or builds a complete Kabbalist) "Easier notice what the reason was that dried up in the head. (DPS standing in the fire, DPS is too low. etc.) I cannot seem to wait until something like this to have burst. (To prove my "invasion" is based)

Re: Recount/DPS meters in RIFT

People are still going to do this. Just go take a look at the class forums. Much of the discussion and debate for every soul that is the best rotation to maximize their production specifications. The lack of a meter does not keep people from doing this. There are plenty of people who enjoy number crunching and min / max style of play. The count is a complement not a name in WoW all over the DPS meters. This is not Warcraft Rift, stop waiting to be exactly the same things.

I've seen a lot of love for this type of supplements in this forum. Even going so far as they want in the game. I am just kidding. Developers should not stop dps meters in the first game and would create a lot of elitism that goes great in games like wow. It is totally break half the game because most of it is the support and rejecting more straight damage and flooding player’s pure dps if addons were included.

The disadvantage of an add type of count, is that it points tons of players. The game was designed to give you a variety of specialties according to become unique. If the count is added, turn the game on a cookie cutter. Everyone would roll only a specification because it was the better person and then try to be unique would be rejected immediately and called a rookie. Sure it's nice to know how much damage it can do and what are the best possible dps / priest can pull, but in the end ruins the game. It ended up being "Play with this release or not play at all" and then everyone insults you if you try to do something different and never invited to anything you are not using the structure of each month. And not to mention all the spam count endless we start seeing in the global chat channels boast to people about their dps. I remember in the "other game" my guild chat and trade chat was always full of people spam count goes "Look at my epic dps in my ". It's like, wow great. I can pull dps but are constantly pushing me in the face. It ends up being an e-peen contest of who is better.

I prefer to keep the number crunching to the output of the analyzers of games and forums of the theory, but in my face and in the game. I've played RPGs for years in which the numbers were the # 1 spot to concentrate on my screen, and it would be nice to keep the mechanics of art, for once. Where there is RIFT count or not, I'll still be doing what it can to mathematics to technical specifications and lists of optimal capacity. I spent years playing with devices such as counting, maximization of my work to the hard numbers - would not it be good to try to improve my game when the numbers are not so obvious and easy to see in the game? While a super-accurate analyzer in the game there combat log, however, there is another option for optimal play BUT for religious use. If it is there, it's stupid not to take advantage of it. If not there, then you rely only 3 of the analyzers game, and I like that idea. It's a philosophical thing about the game. At least for me is not about trying to allow the leeches and poor performers to thrive. I think it's a small price to pay to allow a completely different approach to the theory of development of what I'm used without addons one meter in the game.

I'm in a bit of a conflict with myself about it. On the one hand wants a record of some damage to control myself, try different specs and weapons, etc. to find the best way to do different tasks. On the other hand I'm trying to reset my mind since the time of WoW and accept, even hell embrace others make decisions about talent trees / weapons / all fans are personal decisions. Not a damage meter or any other tool. This opens the way for more variety and people are not flamed both to make a choice that resulted in a loss of dps, but won something I wanted.
    * The elitist in me still wants the damage meter so I can know whether such damage poison daggers (high speed) than sword or Axe / mace damage instant attack (low speed).
    * The "child playing a game" in me is saying "Who cares?! If you think swords are cool, use them!"