Thread: Spell Power vs. Attack Power in RIFT

Spell Power vs. Attack Power in RIFT

Figure i think the real problem. For every 5 points of spell power to gain 1 point of damage to existing magic spells. Forever 10 points of attack power to gain 1 point of damage to physical abilities. Now let's say I have 500 attack power this will give you my physical capabilities 500/10 = 50 more damage. For example, my regular wildcat strike that 100 damage will also net 150 damage bonus based on such critical and critical of 300 to 400. Now that you have a mage with 500 spell power. 500 / 5 = 100. They say that the mage has a spell that reaches 100. So now reaches 200. You can see where the real problem here is. All the benefits of being able to spell mages can spell power over 1000 actually adding more than 500 to spell damage with the crit bonus here is where you see the most 6k crits. Easy solution to that energy = power attack spells. Lower power spell to attack power. I've seen clerics 2.k lke critical because of this. I think if the scale developers spell power to attack power in half of the balance problems will increase. Solve the problem. Game over.

Re: Spell Power vs. Attack Power in RIFT

Maybe the game is designed this way because the Wizards have little defense. They wear cloth armor and are destined to fall behind and nuclear. Warriors can be in the middle of a mess clustery enemy and turn around, while at the same time survive. What game are you playing? In Rift all spells and wizards have more tools to have more defense than rouges. In fact, the magi glass fees and from afar nuclear death. However, breaking with a great capacity for survival in the best dps. If the developers to correct spell power in connection with the attack power most of the imbalance disappears. Spell power is twice as effective compared to attack power. That is why there is so much a passing shot. All you have to do is the maximum spell and have a large nuclear weapon magical damage and 1, 2 shots. At this time fireworks are a shooting, but I've seen and the experience of other wizards and clerics do 2k damage with some instant cast abilities skills 30 meters. If you can fix this spell that will take care of a lot of Qing in the future.

I'm a cleric, i do no harm, as I heal, if short spell power by half in terms of contribution, what do you think will be a cure? And in turn pass on PVE raid healing? Want to lose slots penetration because now 4-5 instead of 2 clerics? Your suggestion or OP was lower spell power levels of AP, it not only affect damage, healing effects as well. The priest spells scale with spell power, and if not be enough to cure cases much less Raids T2.

I think the problem is not so much attack power from spell power, but a matter of mitigation. damage not magic skills can be improved with weapon damage, but their opponents are also getting better armor for AP increases but so does your opponent's armor, increasing your physical damage mitigation.
    Now look at the spell power.
    Mitigation is practically nil and the only form of resistance that is usually obtained less essences but even if battery of the four slots with a type of resistance, the only thing that would get 6% decrease in damage to one of the six types magic or 1.5% with four different assortments essences.
    When you add in the information that physical harm can be additional concentrated by blocking, or avoided totally by parrying or dodging and with a measly < 6% resist and you can see that magic damage is attractive much certain to hit and without any mitigation.

Auto-attacks are trash for injure.

The major difficulty in pvp for maigc damage compare to phys really is the improvement. Hit for physical injure doesn't also rising armor diffusion, while focus counts for both possibility to hit AND spell diffusion, so all your resistances are debatable since someone is bound to have items that have hit/focus on them, even if they have to go for some pve items. The easy attach would be to make it so focus doesn't cut through improvement, but cuts into the chance for a full resist. The fun fix would be making hit give armor pen.

But finishers get 1 point of injure for every 2 points of AP, so if you have 500 AP that's 250 more injure on finishers, before crit bonus. You also have ability such as dusk strike, twilight force, accuracy strike and backstab that get 1 point of injure for every 6.6 points of AP (before patch), or every 5 points of AP (after patch). You also get to use your ability far earlier than a mage, who has cast times and international cooldown. If you are in total energy, can use the ability in fact every second, so all in all that brings up the AP scaling on the same as that of a magician. You just do not see any 8k + crits in the short term (unless you count AOES and points, in which case 5 anni peak loads + pump might do the trick, 3 goals)

There is a small problem, a second GCDs not last long due to energy regeneration, so the more skills we can pull in the short term, long term we have an effective mcd is almost the same as any other person attacks not hit as hard because we have gcd 1 sec. Further, they should bear in mind that not all get the same dps capabilities of AP, especially at points that seem to have 1/10th (peak of fire, for example). Above all, the bleeding and Fery peak can be blocked which is a kind of rotation was shot once by a mainly with the balance of payments and TTB because I was very little life and he ended the point, killing me but I was already knocked out.