Thread: Is it possible to have Hand to Hand Combat in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Is it possible to have Hand to Hand Combat in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Hello everyone, I am having one question about the game playing option of the Red River. After Playing DR and completed the entire mission I have moved toward Red River. I am almost about the complete the game but I was just imaging about the hand to hand fight between the player and AI. How does it will look like that player and AI stares at each other at close range while instead of shooting each other, the player grab the AI, wrestle him to the ground and beat him to death with his rifle. So I wanted to ask that is it possible to do that? What do you think of an expanded hand to hand combat system? reply to this post. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Is it possible to have Hand to Hand Combat in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Hey friend, you are right, I was also thinking for the same in the game playing option but unfortunately it is not possible to do that, but at least we can do comment on the website of the game, where codemaster will see our comment and they will try to work it with new patches. After reading your post I wanted to add more that, I am happy with your rifle but I would be very happy option of choke instead of stabbing because you don’t need to switch equipment to do with. I like your point. All the Best.

Re: Is it possible to have Hand to Hand Combat in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Hey friends, so the discussion has started. And I also want to add some more things about it. I was also thinking for some different game playing option. Actually I was thinking something simple with a single button. For example press for strike, hold for grab and once in grab, use the left click to choose a technique. Also I was thinking for press for strike while in grab. And use whatever way you select weapons to pull out knife in mid combat. So let see that codemaster comes up with these option or not. let us hope for the best.

Hello friends, I appreciate you all for your new ideas. I like these kinds of opinion. I always take this kind of idea from this forum and I do comment on the game website as well I do mail to them. And also I have done the same for this game. This is COD. COD is exactly what I was thinking of having awkward melee battles. As per my opinion, moving and strafing all over, back and forth, trying to get a 1 hit with their knife. I had rather just grab him and have a desperate fight. Guys just write new ideas. Thanks a lot.

Hello everyone, I am completely agreed with the above ideas and I must say that it’s good to have an alternative option. And in addition I wanted to say that, various CQC techniques that we can choose, starting a fight with some punches or another technique and try to throw the enemy to the ground or finish him with the knife. And also enemy could be able to do the same with us. I think this kind of combat will be great. I just want to something to my above friend to do the mail about this scenario to the gaming company. Thanks a lot.

Hello everyone thanks a lot for the reply of you all. I am very happy that many people are interested in this kind of thing. Hand to hand combat would be cool, all the armed forces are trained in hand to hand combat so why not to put it in game. I just wanted to add that we must try to research for this kind of patches. And many of have done the mail and did comment on the website we must wait for the patches to be released, if codemaster have done for the Players.