Thread: Does Operation Flashpoint Red River is using new Ego 2 engine?

Does Operation Flashpoint Red River is using new Ego 2 engine?

As everyone knows that the Operation Flashpoint Red River is being released couple of days ago. Well I have also installed Operation Flashpoint Red River on the computer of mine. I have found that the this particular game is Ego 2 engine rather than that if improved version of Ego 1 from the DIRT 2. Let me know whether this thing is true or false. Please feel free post if you are having any speculation on this matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Does Operation Flashpoint Red River is using new Ego 2 engine?

Well I don’t know whether the game Operation Flashpoint Red River is using Ego 2 or not. however if this particular game Operation Flashpoint Red River is using Ego 2 then I am sure that it would be the very first game from the Codemasters which is using Ego 2. I think we need to wait for the confirmation from the developer of this particular game. I can say anything until and unless there is no confirmation from the developer side.

I have done little bit googling on this particular situation and I have found that the Ego which is being used in this particular game is powered by the version 1.0 or higher. One of my friend told me that this particular game is using version 1.5. Still I want to verify whether he is right or wrong on this particular matter. Well I am going to concerned developer team and let you know about the actual fact very soon.

I have noticed an issue when I am playing this particular game on the computer of mine. Well I have found that the game is not running smoother at all. I have found the difference while playing the game and I am sure that the this particular game is being running on the new engine. But still I want to wait till and see whether there is an issue with the computer of mine or the new engine has been introduced by the developer of the game.

Yes you are right the game Operation Flashpoint Red River is using Ego 2. However it is a tweaked version of Ego 1 you can also consider as an optimized version of the Ego 1 engine to get the requirement for the number of gamers. Hence I don’t think so it is a entire a new engine but some of the features of the engine is being optimized by the developer. However it is to be considered as Ego 2 engine.

Well I want to discuss something which would be helpful to understand the situation more properly. Ego engine is an optimized version of Neon game engine. The Neon game engine was used for Colin McRae: Dirt and it was developed by the Codemasters and Sony Computer Entertainment. It is also having feature of PhyreEngine of the cross platform graphics engine. Well I think there is still time remaining for the releasing of the Ego 2 from the Codemasters.