Thread: Is it true that performance of CPU does make changes in AI’s behavior in Operation Flash Point: RED RIVER?

Is it true that performance of CPU does make changes in AI’s behavior in Operation Flash Point: RED RIVER?

Hello everyone, I am kind of gaming freak person, instead of playing game I like to do other research on it. I have recently tried the demo of DR using an E8400 Intel Processor which was overclocked to 3.80GHz. when I tried on this system I was having some problems like: the game was lagging, it was seem to get shot 1st before reacting to enemy AI. After that I changed processor to i7 2600K, again I tried game and I found the AI is Snappier and much more proactive. So my question is, does the game is related with different processors and is there any relationship between AI path finding and CPU?

Re: Is it true that performance of CPU does make changes in AI’s behavior in Operation Flash Point: RED RIVER?

Hello everyone, as per my opinion, I can say that there is relation between AI behavior and CPU. Because I was playing this game on Xbox, but after reading this post I tried it on Pc with same configuration which you have mentioned above. I found that with i7 processor the reaction of AI was as below:
    • AI finds enemy, shots them
    • AI keep up with player and goes to next level.
    • AI can Deploy smoke when player is under fire.
    • Squad mate heals himself with a needle.

So after watching this kind of thing, which I have never seen before in PC, I can assure that there something relation between AI behavior and CPU. All the Best!

Re: Is it true that performance of CPU does make changes in AI’s behavior in Operation Flash Point: RED RIVER?

Hello everyone, it good to see you all writing on this forum about the game experience. I have also played Red River in Xbox 360 as well as in Pc also, but there is a big difference in playing on these two different platforms. I have seen the complexities in PC, before the game was patched the AI were horrible IMO while defending themselves. I have also noticed that AT gunners always switched to their AT when vehicles were insight. I have seen the PC AI fires Grenade Launcher, which doesn’t happen in Xbox, I think this happen in Pc due to Templar’s mod. The graphic card and CPU does matter in the behavior of AI in game.

Hello guys, I am completely agreed with the above post. I have seen the same in mine system. And I am sure that templar could shed some light here, but I wanted to make a point here that I don’t think that behavior of AI depend on the CPU strength, because I have noticed that increase in CTD when playing with Dragon rising. I have always felt wondered when used weapon_selection and it has aborted the consoles because of their limitations. I have seen in many games that 2011 AI mod have the capacity to select and use weapon in possession or near them is amazing and I must say that developer of RED RIVER has used it. it doesn’t matter with CPU. So just check it on your own to understand. All the Best!

Hey thank you all guys to reply on my question, and I am quite happy with you all, that I had come to know more things about REDRIVER. After reading the post I did changes in graphic card and processor, and I noticed that the AI is working greatly and I felt all the things which are mentioned in 1st post. But when I came back to my older version of processor again the problem started thought it was overclocked. So I came to know that capacity of processor does lot more changes in the behavior of AI.