Thread: Why is five person squads not present in Operation Flashpoint Red River

Why is five person squads not present in Operation Flashpoint Red River

I am playing this game from past few days and would say that this is one of the best games that I have ever played. So I would say that those who are actually thinking of buying this game should not hesitate at all and should go ahead without any issues. But I have a doubt in this and that is I was just thinking why five person squads not present in Operation Flashpoint Red River. It's not uncommon and it would make the squad more productive and it allows just one more friend into the coop matches.So can anyone tell me the reason for this.

Re: Why is five person squads not present in Operation Flashpoint Red River

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that this is because they can only support 4-player fire teams over Xbox Live and PSN.And this is the reason why the five person squads not present in Operation Flashpoint Red River.But what you have put up is I guess is a very good suggestion and I feel that there wont be any problem in it at all.So even I hope that in future such thing does come up which will help everyone.

I went through the previous solutions and even I do feel that the reason why the five person squads is not present in Operation Flashpoint Red River is because it wont then support the game in Xbox Live and PSN.Also I would say that the Marine Corps fire teams are 4 men units.So even this can be the reason why such thing is not present.So even I feel that it is actually a very good though that in future we can go ahead with the five person squads and that will be more interesting.

According to me a squad is made up of a group of fireteams. And then the fireteams are the basic formation used in the marines and this is because of which it is simple and effective. Also with the smallest squad you will usually hear about it in the thirteen man team that is made up of about three fireteams and one squad leader.Also I feel that from what I understand they can get bigger than that.So this is my thought on this particular thing.

I have no idea really if the engine does supports four players or not. Also I would say that we do not know is that if we can cope with 8 player PVP. Also I would say that only four player Co-Op? Maybe its a coding issue.Also I guess that I am no technician so what do I know.So this is what I feel and then just have to follow the same thing to solve the problem that you are facing.