Thread: How to fix Portal 2 black screen glitch

How to fix Portal 2 black screen glitch

Hey, recently I had installed the portal 2 PC game and then I try to start this game but initially I found the blank screen in this game. I had used the online internet downloading options to install the game onto the PC and it done successfully. But I need the exact reason for solving this kind of issues. I never know about this game but I want to play this game over PC. Please help me to solve this kind of issue. if somebody has faced this kind of issue then please share your thoughts.

Re: How to fix Portal 2 black screen glitch

For solving this kind of issue you need to do the step by step process. Firstly you need to meet the system requirements of the portal 2 game. This kind of game requires the special kind of graphics driver and hence you need to insert the graphics card onto the system. If you had already installed the graphics card then checked this card properly worked or not. If it is not works. Then replace that card with the new card. This will help you to avoid such kind of issue.

Hey dude, see, when black screen encounter in Portal 2 game then you have to exit the steam completely. After that create new folder and copy steam folder onto that folder. After that you need to uninstall the steam from the system. And then try to newly install the steam onto the system. Then login into the steam copy from the steam folder to the portal 2 game folder. It help you to solve this blank screen issue and the trouble occurred in the system is to be easily solved.

I think there might be possible that the graphics driver of the game is to be corrupted and hence the issue is to be occurred in the system. Sometimes because of the some virus enters into the system and they will damage the internal graphics driver of the system. Hence for solving this kind of issue you need to uninstall this graphics driver of the portal 2 game. Then try to install the fresh copy of the game it helps you to solve this kind of issue.

Hey, I also faced the similar kind of issue and I never see the actual issue in this game then I had used the common solutions. Firstly I go to the control panel and uninstall the game. After that I had scan whole memory of the system using the authorized antivirus. Then try to install the portal 2 game onto this system and surprisingly the installation is to be successfully done. After that I check the issue and the issue will not be occurred again in the system.

I think you need to do the specific task for solving this kind of issue. This kind of issue is occurred n the game application because of the some virus infects the setup files or it could be the graphics driver we install is not to be efficient for this game. For the second reason we need to upgrade the graphics driver of the game. There will be the online upgrading option presents in the system which helps us to upgrade the driver. Then upgrade the driver and solve this kind of issue.

Hey, you need to understand the basic concept behind this issue. Firstly read the manual of the portal 2 game which describes the basic reason behind this issue. Then understanding this issue you need to follow the specific process which is already given in that user guide manual. It helps you to solve this kind of trouble. Normally the graphics driver will not work very well and hence this trouble is to be occurred in the system. Then use upgrading or reinstallation method for solving this trouble.

Alkin Guest

I am stuck at chapter 6 in portal 2 for serious black screen on my ps3. There is an elevator after 2nd repulsion gel test. The black screen comes as i went into the lift and no Aperture logo. It seems i can't do anything for this black screen issue in Portal 2. Is there a way to fix it? Please help me!

Well I haven’t experienced such issue when I was playing the chapter six on my system now what I want you to do here is that try and get the patch from the company itself because I guess there is something wrong with the game and it will be fixed after installing the patch file only.