Thread: ATI Crossfire does not works in Operation FlashPoint: Red River

ATI Crossfire does not works in Operation FlashPoint: Red River

I have some issue with crossfire support on Operation FlashPoint: Red River. I have two ATi 4870 gpu configured on my motherboard. This is done from a long time and I had played a number of games on the same. Now what is happening when I run this game and check in system resources, I found that only 1 GPU is working on this. Because of which sometime I face a low graphic support on my screen. I think on crossfire both the gpus must work with each other properly without issue. So why does this happens. Does the game does not support crossfire.

Re: ATI Crossfire does not works in Operation FlashPoint: Red River

The main advantage using gpu with ATI Crossfire technology is working in parallel with the video card that you have already installed. This helps you in creating a better graphics performance compared with regular technologies you are using on your system. Because of the high definition quality, you get a better gameplay. Now this game is latest and you cannot say that it would not support crossfire. Go in your bios and try to free up your irqs. If you do not use any serial port then just disable them all and do the same for lgt printers also. Look for each settings and disable all those which you do not want so that your resources can be free up to an extent.

Crossfire lets you to divide the color fields to display so each gpu installed on your system. This is just to graphics quality and definition of what you are seeing on your screen. The issue can be result of old and outdated drivers. Better go and update your gpu drivers. Search for the most recent updates and then check back. The drivers are necessary for its working or else things might not work well here. You might need to update your bios if you found this trouble again and again in future also.

I found that ATi's crossfire technology is much more compatible with all the latest ram support. Try to run some other games and then check back. This issue is just not related to this game only. Have you run the latest patch which was release by codemasters. Run the patch for the game and then check back. This will surely work. And second thing go in your control manager and check the settings for both the graphic cars. This must work properly and nicely if all is well.

It can be due to two devices assigned on a single I/O port. So due to which one of them is interrupted. The same issue lies with the Direct Memory Access channel. Those settings might be done with the bios or with the operating system itself. And just check that you are getting any error from the bios saying about resource allocation. Other controllers like usb or an other connection might be interrupting your connection or this can be due to corruption of mps table.

I will first advice you to free up some of your resource before doing this. There can be some thing in your bios which is not configured properly. There is no way you can do anything with re-installing the game. You can must try some windows troubleshooting and search for hardware conflicts in your system. If not then just go in device manager and uninstall the hardware's and then re-install them back again. Update the drivers and then check back.