Thread: Greek Mythology and Portal 2

Greek Mythology and Portal 2

Alright so there are 3 major Greek mythological references in Portal 2 which I know of.
    1. If you discover the tower which says 'I am different', you know the one you obtain an achievement for if you save it, if you grasp onto it tells you things. First it tells you to memorize Caroline, and after that it tells you regarding the story of Prometheus. This designates that GLaDOS has a few sort of relation to Prometheus.
    2. While you discover GLaDOS another time as a potato she is being pecked at by a bird, just similar to Prometheus. The imagery is clear to anybody.
    3. One of the co-op partner’s names is Atlas; Atlas obviously was brother to Prometheus.

Anyone else have any more idea about this?

Re: Greek Mythology and Portal 2

1. "Pants were shaped by sailors in the 16th century to shun Poseidon's wrath. It was supposed that the sight of bare sailors infuriated the sea god."
    2. "In Greek myth, the craftsman Daedalus made-up human flight so a group of Minotaurs would discontinue teasing him regarding it."
    3. "In Greek myth, Prometheus stole blaze from the Gods and provided it to humanity. The jewelry he kept for himself."

I don't think anybody here is going to protest. I simply have two questions: Initially, can the parallel be extensive, so that Chell = Heracles? The just cause I can see at this point is that she saves GLaDOS from the bird, but I don't know much regarding Greek mythology. (Relatedly: how might Cave Johnson well into all this?). Secondly, and possibly outside the range of this thread, how might we understand the story and characters of Portal 2, known the connections you have establish so far? This might have to wait till public begin appearing for and writing additional in-depth analyses of the game, but it would be exciting to see conversation on this point.

You should as well place in how Chell located Wheatley in GLaDOS’s place. Giving him an immense box of responsibility, and power (GLaDOS’s body) which he opens, causing hell to let loose on the world, I mean, opening science facilities. You can as well see Chell as Pandora, as Wheatley is matching with her, and after that she could be seen as dependable for setting all hell loose by placing Wheatley in GLaDOS’s place.

Here I as well wish to add something. That is an extremely sharp-eyed analogy. So, is Chell Hercules? Think regarding it, Hercules was selected to execute 12 labors, he as well saves Prometheus from the Eagle, Later than Hercules executes the last deed, he dies, and people exemplify that the fields are paradise or something. Chell is forced to executed tests by the superior powers, she saves GLaDOS from the bird, and she rises to the field.