Thread: .Net framework 4 update error when I play Operation Flashpoint: Red River

.Net framework 4 update error when I play Operation Flashpoint: Red River

I just got the game. I am not playing this online. For an single user there must not be much issue. What is happening in the game is that when I run it in single user mode the game gives a pop up window saying that you will need to update your .net framework 4. I did that, run a fresh update and then also the same error. The game is simply forcing to repair the .net framework and how to do that, I do not know. I tried manual download and setup, but that also does not helped me out much here. Again the same error windows pop ups telling me to fix the .net framework.

Re: .Net framework 4 update error when I play Operation Flashpoint: Red River

The reason why you cannot run a proper installation of .net framework is due to the alteration of the original installation packages which is installed in your system by windows update. The. .net Framework gets deteriorated due to the daily operation of your system and continuous installation of new programs. Therefore it is necessary to repair or to reinstall .net Framework for proper functioning of your system. You can do that first by removing it completely from control panel and then running the setup back again.

It is necessary that you must first uninstall the same first properly and then only run any type of updates or setup. Net Framework is impossible to remove properly even from the Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs. So because of that it is necessary to find another method to uninstall it which is simple and accessible for everyone. So that in future you can use the same to avoid such errors. There is a tool called Windows Install Cleanup which is found on the official site of Microsoft. Download and run the same so that it can wipe all the instances of .net framework.

It is necessary to proper and completely eliminate the installation key of .net Framework from the system registry. Or else that error will never go. For this there are two possibilities. First if you know safely to use registry editor of Windows then you can manually delete the same. For the type regedit in start > run and then delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Installer \ Products \ DDE7F2BCF1D91C3409CFF425AE1E271A. For safety you can keep a backup of the registry file so that in case of any further error you can restore the registry.

There is another method by which you can completely wipe out the .net framework issue. For the same you will need to modify the registry key of your windows. Delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Installer \ Products \ DDE7F2BCF1D91C3409CFF425AE1E271A / f form the registry editor. Or else you can use a registry cleaner on your system. The registry cleaner scans your system for corrupt registry files and wipe them out completely. In this way you can fix the error.

Go in control panel and go in windows component. In that you can find a list of windows updates and the multiple numbers of .net framework. You have to remove them completely one by one and run the setup for the new one. If there are still entries found in that, then the .net framework will not surely work at all. I will better recommend you to first delete everything from that list and then run a fresh setup of the same. Mostly the games comes with the latest update of .net framework.