Thread: How to reduce lagging issue on Operation Flashpoint: Red River

How to reduce lagging issue on Operation Flashpoint: Red River

I had face severe issue with lagging of Operation Flashpoint: Red River. I am trying to play the game online and when I join any server the game lags quiet regularly. At first I thought that this was due to my internet bandwidth, but after that it started happening continuously. I have a 512mb of internet broadband service which is entirely free when I play games. I stop all the downloading and other stuff. I had not found any solution on the official forums for this. Where I can I find better support for this. Does this is due to low system resource. I have a 64 bit system with an latest intel processor.

Re: How to reduce lagging issue on Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Lag gin of game in online is a very common problem. It does not means that the issue is directly related to the game or to your system. This become boring sometime and also frustrates the player. First all I had found that some IPS provides an high bandwidth plan for gaming only. You must go for that plan. They give around 1mbs of internet connection with a higher bandwidth which makes your game work much more smoother. So you must upgrade your internet bandwidth first.

First of all I will advice you to run the Operation Flashpoint: Red River Patch. This patch has tons for fixing for the lan and online game support. You must make sure that you have a broadband Internet connection which is stable at 512 Kbps and 128 Kbps download speed, not the entire bandwidth. Avoid using wireless internet connection for online gaming because it is considered bad for online gaming. The reason lies behind this is the instability and latency is very high on wifi support internet connections.

At first try to connect to the local rooms. That means you must join your local area servers because this place has the lowest ping rates. If you try to join a distant place then your latency increases. Close all other programs while playing which directly uses your Internet bandwidth. Programs like uTorrent, Anti-virus updates, Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Download Managers, etc. Stop all and then try back again. First before joining ping and check the ip. See the response if high then leave it.

Some players uses an dedicated gaming lan cards for their system. This is the best one I can recommend you. This dedicated lan cards have additional chips which functions more smoother lan gameplays. Avoid security applications blocking your game. Disable them for sometime being till you are playing and then enable them back again. Sometime due to running updates in the background the system comes really slow and you face such issue.

If you know the hardware of your machine, upgrade the video card, monitor, motherboard etc drivers. If you have limited space on the hard drive run disk defragmentation to initiate more space on your hard disk. Reduce the screen resolution if necessary to put less impact on your system resources. If possible also lower the color quality, ie, the change from 32 bits to 16 bits. Try to disable the background to your desktop. Some time you have to set cpu affinity to set the game properly and avoid lagging. You can do that by running the game and then by running task manager. Just right click on the game application and choose cpu affinity. Give only one core support for the same.