Thread: Logitech G35 Headset not working properly in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Logitech G35 Headset not working properly in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

I am playing Operation Flashpoint: Red River game on my pc. I am having some issue with my G35 headset. This is a new headset which I purchased for gaming only. It is nice but sometime when I play the sound lags in the headphone. I checked the game with driver and all but nothing found much help. This only happens in the game. Last night I was watching a movie on the system and there was no issue with the same. I am not able to figure out the issue is between the headset or with the game. Need some basic help to fix the same.

Re: Logitech G35 Headset not working properly in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Change the headphone jack. You had not mentioned that when you started having those lagging sound issue, did you after that checked the headphone on your system. It can be due to outdated drivers in your system. Better get a new sound driver update for the same. Go to your motherboards manufacturer website and search for the most recent drivers. Download and run the same and then check back. If possible change the headset port with another. Can be a issue with the jack.

Re: Logitech G35 Headset not working properly in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

It is really nice to have a 7-speaker plus sub woofer in a headset. The surround sound is simply awesome. I think this happens to your game also. Did you have noticed that when the sound lags at the same does the game also lags for some while and then it is restored back. It looks that your system is low on resources. Run the game and then press ctrl + alt + del. It will pop up the task manager on your screen. Go in the performance and check the cpu consumption if that is around 100% then your system is extremely busy. Upgrade your system.

Check headset with other games. You said that the issue is only at the time of playing games then that means the game files are not loading properly. There is a patch provided for the game. All you need is connect steam and the game is automatically updated. There are lots of sound issue fixed in this patch which can definitely help you to deal with the issue. Second thing when you are playing disable your background services like screen saver or any other thing which eats your ram.

Logitech G35 is an surround sound headset. It is entirely an multimedia and gaming headphone. And you must be aware that you will get an driver update for the same also. There are some hotkeys given over the headphone. You have to run a fresh driver update for that to ensure that this work efficiently. So better get a driver update for the same and then check back. It is not just ok with your systems audio driver update only. There are other more troubleshooting tips that you can try.

Logitech G35 is using the second generation of Dolby Headphone technology, which together with its closed design gives you an isolate support external noise. You can just here the pure sound in your headset. I will advice you change the headphone jack. There are two jacks, one is in the front and the second one is in the backside of system. Connect it to the backside and then check back. Ensure that the volumes are properly optimized so that you does not face any further issue.