Thread: How to get split screen in coop mode of Portal 2

How to get split screen in coop mode of Portal 2

Hello everyone, I am kind of a gaming freak person, but frankly speaking I don’t know much more about the game. I mean, mostly I don’t do any changes in game, my concern is just to play a game not more than that. But when I was at my friends place, I saw that he was playing Portal 2 on his PC and I was shocked that he was playing in split screen, now how can this be possible for anyone to do that so. I asked him but the method he told me I was not able to understand. So that’s why I am asking you all that how to enable split screen in game? Please reply to post. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to get split screen in coop mode of Portal 2

Hello everyone on this forum. Well looking at you question, it seems like that you have see this kind of stuff first time. Well I have the answer for you and even I will write the steps below also, but I would suggest that when you try to do split screen keep in mind that your friend is with you. If you are wondering, then I must tell you that you can play split screen on a Pc just like L4D1. For split screen you must know the developer guide, because many people have problem in running exec or ss_map. To save yourself from trouble just try to use TAB key when you type. The source engine has something that you call completion built into the console. So just try to do with console setup, you will come to know how this thing happens. All the Best!

Hey guys, the spilt screen method is very good, it always change your mood toward game. Every time you will feel good to play the game. However for split screen you will require the working controller, which will help you:
    • Wired 360 Controller
    • PS3 Controller (Motion Joy Driver)
    • Wii Classic Controller
    • PS2 Controller

Using this controller with particular code you will be able to do the split screen at your place. So all the best and try these things. All the Best!

Hello everyone, I have also tried the split screen at my place, it is a amazing 2 player experience on the single system. However I have some new steps for doing split screen. Just click on Play Cooperative and wait for it to load the friend list. This will allow you to save your progress in the game. Then plug in the above mentioned controller and load a map with the following in console “ss_map map_coop_start” after writing this code you will be able to play the multi player session in the game. While loading time for the time being just unplug the controller and then after load complete, again plug in the controller. Save all setting and after reboot play the game again, you will found the availability for 2nd player.

Hello everybody here, I am also having some tips for you all to enjoy the gaming for 2player. To use vertical split for two monitor, you just need to do some changes in the certain folders, you just need to edit aspect in the c:\programfile\common\portal 2\splitscreen_config.txt” file. You will find option here and you will come to know that what changes should be done. You can also change the FOV setting in the same root directories. So using this method you can see the dimension and availability of game. All the best!!

Hello everyone, thanks a lot to you all, because I have finally done the split screen or you can say multi player in my system. It took a long but I did it. Firstly I bought all the working controller from market and then I installed it in my system, after I applied the long list column to it and finally I got the solution to my question. Even I got one new idea for two different split on same time, by doing simple change in code you can see the change between vertical and horizontal split the code is as follows: ss_splitmode 0, ss_splitmode 1 and ss_splitmode 2. Using this you can change the