Thread: Portal 2 is crashing on Single Player Mode

Portal 2 is crashing on Single Player Mode

I am trying to play Portal 2 on my notebook. When I double click the icon the game loads at first properly without issue. The loading is slower but continuous. Then from the menu when I choose Single Player mode the game freezes for sometime. But it shows me the loading screen and in between it crashes. There is no error, nothing mentioned just the screen goes black and my desktop is back on my face. I tried to load the game a several time but the same issue occurs. If the game is corrupted then definitely it will not work at start only.

Re: Portal 2 is crashing on Single Player Mode

That looks like some issue with the game files. When the game in on the loading screen it loads up all the necessary files, cinematic, etc from your hard drive. If at that time, some important system file is corrupted or missing then the game is crashed. There is definitely a error on the screen related to the file. You can try a re-installation of the game in a different partition. I hope that you might be having a broader hard drive partition because this games needs around 7GB of empty space.

For this I have some tips that you can try. First you can check for an compatibility issue for the game. You can do that by right clicking on the game icon and then going in properties. There you can click on troubleshoot compatibility. Windows will scan and set the most appropriate settings for the game. You must have a minimum system requirement for the game before running it or else the game will not at all work on any condition. Try to add more ram sticks.

Go and update your display drivers. Do you have a graphic card. You had mentioned that you are trying to run the game on your notebook so it is preferable to get new drivers. I am not sure whether you have enough hardware support on the same. Get your latest drivers update first and then check back. It is very essential to have latest drivers or else things will not work much here. You can just see a blank screen which is an most common issue in most of the games.

I think you need a good video card support. Can you manage to run the game on a desktop. The game needs a better gpu with direct x and pixel shader support. If all this things are absent then the game will crash at some points. You cannot do much in that. The game is designed in such a way. And for a notebook there is always a very low graphic support. It is better that you must check your video card requirement. Higher ram and good cpu is not just enough here.