Thread: No cursor while playing Portal 2 game

No cursor while playing Portal 2 game

Hello everyone, I am playing portal 2 game from 1 week, and I have realized that I don’t have the normal blue/orange cursor within it. However I have seen in my friend’s desktop when he was playing the same game. Due to this cursor problem I am not able to play game properly. I have also checked I the settings and tried to apply default setting to game, but nothing is changing, so I am confused now what to do? I think there is problem with installation of game, I tried reinstallation but still no change. Please help me, thanks a lot in advance.

Re: No cursor while playing Portal 2 game

Hey everyone, I am also playing the same game but I am not facing any problem related to cursor. However I did research on it and I found some solution for you. Just uninstall game from PC, please take necessary backup if you want. After that go to registry and clean the game file from there also. After reboot of system again install the game, after installation go to setting and check for the cross hair setting, if it is enable then disable it, and try to run the game. I think you will solve your problem using this method, so just try it and do me reply works or not. All the Best!

Hello everyone, well looking at the problem this not a big issue about the game, some time it happens that some of the patches doesn’t install properly. Above post is perfectly right, try all above steps if still doesn’t work for you then I have one more solution. Just try to install game twice or thrice, and see each and every step of installation and check that every single patch is properly installed. Once you install the game properly, get into setting and check for the eyefinity status. If it is enabled then disable it, and reboot the game and play, you will find that your problem is solved. All the Best

Hello everyone, while doing above steps keep in mind that your graphic driver is perfectly updated and also the windows update. Check for the firewall setting, and LAN connectivity of the system, because there are some games and software which supports on the dependency of the LAN card and Firewall settings. And one more important thing both cross hair and eyefinity must be disable at the same time while playing the game, then only you will be able to see cursor and play properly. All the best and enjoy the game !

Hey man, you all are genius or what? I knew it that my problem is going solve over here, I tried all of the above method, and finally I am successful in solving my problem. After solving the problem I came to understand that problem was not so big. And the idea of LAN card was tremendous because when I disable cross hair and eyefinity at the same time, though I did it, but problem was not solved. After that I reboot PC once and enabled the LAN and my game was working properly. Thanks a lot friend! That was really a great idea.

susan11 Guest

I either don’t have the normal blue/orange cursor within it

Quote Originally Posted by susan11 View Post
    I either don’t have the normal blue/orange cursor within it
    Did you tried taking off eyefinity ? If not, do it. Many users having the same problem resolved this issue by disabling eyefinity and by keeping the medium resolution.