Thread: Portal 2 crashes on the menu

Portal 2 crashes on the menu

Hey I had faced the little bit issue in the portal 2 puzzle games. Whenever I try to run this portal 2 game applications then it runs without describing any error messages. But later on when I try to start the game using the menu presents in the game then it gives the game crashing error message. I don’t know why this happens in the applications. I had inserted the ATI Radeon 2400 graphics card on to it and the other system configurations is also compatible with this game. Any help will be appreciates.

Re: Portal 2 crashes on the menu

Hey dude, I think you need to check the all setup files of the game folder is to be corrupted or not. If it is corrupted then you need to uninstall this game form the system and then newly install the fresh copy of the portal 2 game. Sometimes because of the unexpected viruses the setup file of the specific applications is to be crashed and hence in that time we required to directly uninstall this application and install the fresh copy of the applications.

Hello, friend I read your post I impressed you’re focused of this game. I think now you are the expert of this game. The crashing issue occurred in this game is to be mostly because of the virus infects the setup files or it could be possible that the game setup files require extra API and the setup files. If the virus presents in the game then we need to remove that virus but in second case we need to install the latest version of the windows DirectX. This will holds the API and setup file which helps to avoid the crashing issue.

As per you discussing in the post that the portal 2 game easily run on the system but when you try to access the menu of the game then the crashing issue occurred. For solving this kind of issue you need to check that whether any background applications run at the time of run these game applications. For solving this kind of issue you need to disable all this background applications. After disabling the background applications you need to try to run this application. It might be the crash does not happen this time.

Hey, the similar kind of issue I also faced in the previous days. In that time I had start this game and it run without any issue but later on when I try to access the menu of the game then it does not happens and it gives the crashing error message. Then I had upgrade this game version but it doesn’t help to avoid this crash error. Then finally I had gone to the portal 2 game folder and right click on the portal 2 file. Then hit the troubleshoot incompatibility issues and try to run the application. Now there is no issue occurred in this game and the error is solved.

Hey, I think you need to firstly check that whether any application worked on the same time of the game running time. Sometimes the users start the scanning process in the background and then try to run the game application and access its menu options. In that case, CPU does not support this kind of multiprocessing system. See, this kind of process may be possible that there is damaged happens in the setup files and hence in that case you need to disable this kind of background application. It helps to avoid such crash type of error messages.