Thread: Portal 2 Error: Display Driver has stopped responding

Portal 2 Error: Display Driver has stopped responding

Hello everyone, there is some problem in Portal 2, whenever I am trying to play that game it shows me error like "Display Driver igfx has stopped responding and has recovered successfully". The game was going very perfectly before, but my system did sudden restart due to current problem, from that time my game is showing me such error. Firstly it goes all mixed color and then suddenly it stops working and screen goes blank and it stays there unless and until I close it from task manager. Guys I am really keen to complete this game, please help me with this issue. Thanks a lot in advance

Re: Portal 2 Error: Display Driver has stopped responding

Hey friend, I have gone through to your problem, this kind of problems may occur due to low hardware configuration, I am not getting any idea because you have not mention about your computer configuration, but it doesn’t matter to mention those things because this problem occur due to low hardware. Just try to upgrade your hardware as well as OS components, as long as you do this you will find your problem is getting solved day by day. Just try to use Intel HD 2000 or HD 3000 video chip. These two chips support Portal at good level. So all the best!

Hello friends, I have read your posts and I am impressed looking at your keenness towards game. I also wanted to tell the same thing which is mentioned in above post. That post is completely right, you must need to upgrade your hardware and software configuration. In addition looking at your problem and hurry I have one alternative solution for you. Just uninstall your current video card driver, and then delete it from registry editor to completely wipe it out from your computer. And then again install the video card driver, do the necessary update in it and then try to run the game again. I think this will solve your problem up to some extent.

Hello everyone, thanks for your kind support to me, I am just writing here that I got through to my problem. And you all were right, I am feeling shock that how can you all come to know about this simple error, Anyway that’s what we call experience. I have updated all the things as mentioned in above post, obviously it solved my problem but not on satisfactory level. So finally I took new and latest system for me. Thanks a lot friend, without you it was not possible. Finally I am able to play game smoothly now.