Thread: Purchasing the CD key for Portal 2 game

Purchasing the CD key for Portal 2 game

I found some sites selling cd key of Portal 2 game. I am confused about the same regarding the purchase. First on valve I found a game purchase for the same which is an legal copy. How does this sites can sell a key for an commercial game. Are those keys proper to buy. I need some more detailed information on this games system requirement. I have a Intel Core i3 system without an graphic card support but with 2Gb ram running Windows 7. Will this game works on my system or not. Thanks.

Re: Purchasing the CD key for Portal 2 game

That is correct that some sites provides cd key for $39 for the game. I am not sure about the same. They says that those keys are genuine and branded and the same can also be used on steam. But better go for proper purchasing place. Or else if the same does not work then replacement can be bad dream. I did not found any news or updates for the same on the official website of Portal 2 which creates a more doubt in my mind. So I too from my side will not recommend to go for the same.

Portal 2 is an amazing first person puzzle game. I had seen the trailer and some game videos on the official website which showed a high end gameplay. I bit of funny touch is given to the game to make it more enjoyable. About the system requirement it is possible to some extent that there is an need for a gpu. On the system configuration I found that this game needs a video card of more than 128mb and that must be compatible to Direct X9 with an Pixel Shader 2.0b support. So that can be found in ATI Radeon X800 or higher or on NVIDIA GeForce 7600 gpu.

I think Portal 2 will work on Intel Core i3 system without an graphic card support. This is why because the games system requirement is Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher support and Intel Core i3 is equipped with the same. To some extent it is possible to run the game with greater gbs of ram and processors with an range from core i3 or higher. The system requirements clearly indicates the games needs a support Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher. That is quiet possible to run the game but might give you some lags.

The best thing about Portal 2 is that it has an very innovative type of gameplay. The story music and entire things are changed to an extent to give you an entirely new gameplay. The single player has much more for the games. You might have a new type of dynamics characters with an fresh puzzles. There are quiet a larger number of test chambers on which you can work on. And as per my views after seeing the videos of Portal 2 gameplay, it is for sure that you need a good graphic support.

The games also features and co-operative mode where you can play with one player. Both can be set on an different platform and campaign with an different story and testing chambers. In mulitiplayer too there is quiet an great number of addons and a unique dedicated stories. Basically if you have a 3 Ghz of processor power then it is possible to run the game and this is just the minimum need. I still do not found a demo of the game to test it on my system.