Thread: Portal 2 - NO STEAM and QUIT

Portal 2 - NO STEAM and QUIT

I have installed the portal 2 game on my system and have almost spent over 3 hours on this, I bought my copy of Portal 2 at GameStop at midnight on Steam installed on my disk without any problem. When you start the game via Steam to load fine, but then there are only two buttons to click, the first a button that says "NO STEAM" and do nothing. Then the second says "EXIT" to close the game. I really don’t know what is wrong with it and why I am facing this problem so please help me in this case and let me know how to get rid of the same.

Re: Portal 2 - NO STEAM and QUIT

Actually I think that this issue is related to the compatibility of the system. So now what I want you to do here is that just try and check whether the game is compatible on your system or not and to do the same I thing you need to run the compatibility test and that will determine whether the game is compatible on the system or not, and based on the same you can take possible decision on this issue.

I thing is the most common issue that I have gone through on the system, Now what I want you to here is that just try and uninstall the steam from your system and once the steam is uninstalled you have to make sure that you are installing the updated copy of the same. Now then you need to download the game once again. So download it again and then see whether you are able to play the same.

I think that the game needs more graphics support and that is the reason why it is behaving in such a way on your system. So it is my request to you that check whether the graphic card that you have installed on the system is doing well or not and if not then please replace the same with any better and advanced one. I am sure that you will not get any of the issue what so ever. I hope that this will resolve your problem and will allow you to play the game without any error.

I was also facing the identical problem on the system of mine that I am using and the screen just needs to give me two options on running the game that is no steam and exit. And I am sure that you are also going through the same phase and to solve the same you need to just try and find out a registry file named as “clientregistry.blob “ and once the file is found you have to delete that particular file and restart the steam. I am sure you will not face any of the issues what so ever on the system.