Thread: Portal 2 crashes at Valve logo

Portal 2 crashes at Valve logo

Hello friend, last month I had bought new branded dell laptop. The configuration of this laptop is to be as Intel core i7 processor, 500GB hard disk, 4GB DDR3 RAM and the ATI Radeon 2400 graphics card installed on this system. The graphics card presents in this laptop is really helpful to installation of the 3D games on this system. In that time I had installed the portal2 PC game but now it is crashed at valve logo. I need help you to solve this kind of issue.

Re: Portal 2 crashes at Valve logo

I think you need to firstly that there is possibility to any antivirus will be affects the portal 2 game performance. IN this case, you need to disable that antivirus. See, sometimes the user may be installed some antivirus form the online internet connections. The user may be start the system scanning process using this antivirus and also start to play the game. In that case, there is possibility that the antivirus will be infects the setup files of the game. Hence you need to disable that antivirus.

I also faced the similar kind of issue. in that time, I had play this portal 2 game and after some time this game is to be crashed. Hence I try to understand the concept and I found the reason. Then I had use the online internet connections and update the BIOS. It helps me to solve this crashing issue which is occurred in this game. As per mine suggestions you also need to update the BIOS setting. It helps you to solve this kind of gaming issue.

You need to download the latest version of the DirectX. This helps you to avoid such kind of gaming issue. See, sometime the games will require special type of API that is Application Programming Interface. This API helps the application to increase the game performance and hence you need to install the latest version of the Microsoft DirectX. It helps you to increase the performance of the portal 2 game and solve this crash issue.

See, sometimes we start the specific application such as portal 2 game and in that time some unknown applications start there processing such as some antivirus or it could be the online software update process. This background applications will affects the performance of the foreground applications. In this case the portal 2 application is to be the foreground application. Then you need to disable this all background applications and it helps to solve this game applications crashing trouble.

I think the video card driver is installed is did not works and hence the portal 2 game is to be crashed in this system. In that case, for solving this issue you need to install the latest versions of the video card driver. These will affects the performance of the video card and the there might be possibility that the application crashing issue is to be solved in this system. so, you can use the online internet option for downloading the latest version of the video card driver and this helps to solve the issue.

These types of issues require special kind of process. You need to firstly disable all the background applications such as antivirus update, specific software online update and so on. It helps you to fast run the portal 2 game applications. Then checked that whether the issue is solved or not. If it is not solved then you can used the final option. First uninstall this game and then restart the computer as administrator. Then you need to newly install the steam version of the portal 2 game. It will help to solve the issue