Thread: Portal 2 Crash to Desktop

Portal 2 Crash to Desktop

Hello everyone, I am here to share and in need of solution for one of my problem in playing with Portal 2 game. I have bought this game before 2 days and no issues with KEY or anything. I installed game perfectly but when I made desktop shortcut of game, and whenever I am trying opening the game from desktop it is not opening the game, it is crashing. Even I tried to open game from folder itself and it is working smoothly, but not working from desktop. So can anyone tell me what do now? I am dyeing to play this game, please reply to this post. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Portal 2 Crash to Desktop

Hey everyone, hello friend after reading your post I can say that, don’t worry you will be able to play the game, I can understand your feeling. I have some steps for you, just try to follow these steps and see whether it is solving your problem or not.
    • Go to C:\windows\ portal 2 folder
    • In this folder you will find CSC folder, open that folder also.
    • When you attempt to open CSC folder, it should give you the error in opening that folder, after that right click on that folder and enter into properties, after that chose security tab and click on continue.
    • After that check mark the “full contro” and then press ok and reboot the PC and Run the game

You will find that your problem is solved. All the Best!

Hello everyone, I have gone through to the above solution and it is working properly. But I also have some solution for it. If above steps are not working for you, then when you attempt to open game, press ALT+TAB to get out of the game and check for the notifications like Windows Firewall and Update. After that just try to allow all the things and do the necessary change. Also check for anti-virus setup and disable it if necessary. Sometime it happens that, we ignore these kinds of silly things and we face lots of problem. So check this and try above post’s steps you will find you problem is solved.

Hello guys, I have seen the similar problem, and also I have also suffered through to this. If above all steps doesn’t works for you then try to use below steps:
    • From my computer go to C:\program files\stam\steam application\portal 2
    • After that right click to portal application, and click on trouble shoot incompatibility issue
    • One the process has been done, run the game in Administrator mode.

Just try to do these steps again and again, you will surely solve your problem. All the Best and Enjoy the game!

Hello, where can I find the CSC folder?
    I go to C:\windows\ and there is nothing like CSC or Portal 2 folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal1297 View Post
    Hello, where can I find the CSC folder?
    I go to C:\windows\ and there is nothing like CSC or Portal 2 folder.
    You can try to change the location of the CSC folder by configuring the CacheLocation registry value. The CSC folder is the folder in which Windows stores offline files. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. Read more from here.

Hello everyone thanks a lot for such good solution. I was in need of the same solution as I was facing too much problem in running the game. Now I am able to run the game, but only when I am running the game in administrator mode. I have tried all the steps and above solution worked for me. After my experience I wanted to say that when you try above step, before doing that step, uninstall game one then reinstall it again. Doing this way twice you will solve your problem as I have done the same. Thanks a lot again.