Thread: Portal 2 crashes after loading

Portal 2 crashes after loading

I have been waiting for this game from a long time and would say that this is something for which I was very eager.But then all that excitement and eagerness has come down to zero now. The problem is that when I try to load the game the process gets completed but then suddenly it just crashes.And this happens while I am loading the game in single players mode. So I just want to know that is there anyone else getting a crash as soon as it finishes loading in single player?Please do get back to me as to tell me what I need to do to solve the problem that I am in.

Re: Portal 2 crashes after loading

I just had a look at the questions that you have put up and would say that yes this is something that is faced by many people.Even u has faced a similar sort of problem and then I just suddenly found a solution for this .What I did was that I tried validating game files.And then once I validated all the game files all was just fine.Then there was no problem at all.So I suppose that even you should follow the same steps and then every thing will be fine with you without any problem.

Yes the solution that is being provided earlier seems to be perfectly valid.I suppose that this is the only thing that you need to follow to solve the question that you find in.I also feel that you need to get verified game cache and it actually gets re downloaded something.So once you finish with this process then there wont be any problem at all.So this is what seems to be another solution with which you can go ahead and then I am sure that even this will help you to fix the issues that you are facing.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided and would say that this is something for which I was looking. I just went through the solutions that have been mentioned over here but haven’t actually used then as of yet. So I feel that once I use the solutions that all will be fine with me.Also I would say that the process of re downloading might work for me.So this is what I think and I would also like to tell you all that if there are any other solutions that are available then do mention them too.

In such situations what you need to do is that you just have to completely uninstalled the game and then try to reinstall it. Also check the antivirus and the firewall program and restarted the system.I am sure that once you do this then there wont be any problem at all.After this everything will just work fine without any problem. Also do remember that if you do a incomplete installation then there would be problem and not solve the problem that you are facing.So just use the solutions carefully and then I am sure that you will be successful in it.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided and would say that these solutions have been really handy to me.I used the same procedure to solve the query that you are facing and it has helped me to get away with the issue that I was facing.So I would like to thank you for the solutions that you have provided to me to solve the query that I was facing and would like to appreciate for the suggestions that you have provided on this issue.