Thread: Portal 2 game runs slow and has low frame rates, keeps stuttering

Portal 2 game runs slow and has low frame rates, keeps stuttering

Well I have spent lot of money in purchasing this game and now I am not happy with performance of the same. I mean I have installed the game on windows 7 operating system now when I launch the game the first 10 minutes play is considerably slow and the other thing is that it has low frame rates, keeps stuttering from time to time. So please help me in this and let me know what I can do to solve this one and that too at great effect.

Re: Portal 2 game runs slow and has low frame rates, keeps stuttering

As from the launch of the game there are lots of complaints from the users regarding the slowness of this game. So what I want you to do here is that just try and reduce the graphics and see whether it helps you or not I hope that doing the same will work in this case. Actually if wet the graphic support high to get more clarity in the game that takes more out of it and so the game lags I hope that you are getting my point.

Well the first thing that I want you to do here is that just check whether the internet connection that you are having on the system is perfect or not. And if it is not ten you make sure that internet service provider is giving you the appropriate services because when we are playing the games on server then the game generally needs full internet speed. I hope that doing the same will help you to solve the issue.

Actually in this case it might have happen that there are few other program running on the system and that is the one reason the game might lag. So before starting the game you have to just make sure that there are not any programs running on the system. I am sure the game is being conflicted with the system. Now you have to start the task manager and in that you just need to check whether there are unwanted programs running on the same if yes then end them as soon as possible.

I think you have to just disable some of the windows features and to do the same I need you to follow the below mentioned steps:

• First of all Click Start.
    • And then select Control Panel.
    • Now in that I want you to just select programs and then turn the windows features off
    • And also make sure that you are disabling the features that are not in use by you
    • After that you have to click OK and then remove the same.