Thread: Portal 2 error Failed to load the Launcher DLL: (null) when trying to launch

Portal 2 error Failed to load the Launcher DLL: (null) when trying to launch

Hello everyone, I have played many games, and now days I am trying to play Portal 2. After reading the reviews and comments of the game I have decided to play this game. Even I bought this game yesterday, installed it, but whenever I am trying to launch this game, it is showing me the error of DLL file. I have check almost all the settings, I have verified the steam folder, I checked for cache memory, even my configuration also high, just the difference is I am using AMD processor. So can anyone help me where I am missing? Every solution is highly appreciated.

Re: Portal 2 error Failed to load the Launcher DLL: (null) when trying to launch

Hey friends, I hope you all are enjoying your game a lot. I love this forum for its problem solving methods. I have read your problem in above post; I have one solution for you. Just follow some steps which I am writing, anyone can use this solution, it for you all. Just open your Portal 2 game folder, then go to steam folder which is located in your hard drive. After entering into the steam folder, find the BIN subfolder and delete that folder as well. Then launch steam folder in that location, and finally run your game, the game will run properly.

Re: Portal 2 error Failed to load the Launcher DLL: (null) when trying to launch

Hello everyone, I have gone through to your problem, I must say that the above method is true, but as per my experience, I can that this solution is for exceptional case. If I am not wrong, whoever are having this problem, they all might are getting this message “failed to load the launcher DLL”. So I have one solution for you. When you are downloading the game or you have already downloaded the game, just go to steam folder and then backup and restore the game. After that right click on Portal 2 and delete the local content. After thet go to steam option again and then restore the game from backup. And then reboot the PC, and enjoy the game. This will work guys. Try and All the Best!

Hello everyone, after reading all above posts and solutions, I have done some research on it. I am glad that there are such wonderful solutions, and above all the solutions are perfectly true and running game properly. But after reading the question I have noticed one thing that it might be possible that this issue is occurring due the AMD processor. I have read on column that AMD processor doesn’t support SSE2. So as per my suggestion you must update your BIOS with latest version because it supports SSE2. All the Best!

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say thanks a lot to all of you. I have never seen such good and accurate solutions on any other forums. I am feeling glad to inform you all that I have successfully resolved my issue. Yes it was because of AMD processor, I have updated BIOS to latest Version, and also there was some error because of DirectX, I have updated that. And I have check for the Steam folder but it was perfectly fine, and then I reboot my PC, the game was going very smoothly. Thanks a lot to you all again.

I have a the same problem with "failed to load launcher DLL (null)" problem but i cant fix it, I cant find the STEAM folder. I installed the game made by SKIDROW but it wont work... need help pls

Well here I want you to just open your Portal 2 game folder, then go to steam folder which is located in your hard drive. After entering into the steam folder, find the BIN subfolder and delete that folder as well. Then launch steam folder in that location, and finally run your game, the game will run properly.

i downloaded this game... n wat does steam folder mean n wer it is located... i couldnt launch d game bcoz of dll couldnt b lauched

Quote Originally Posted by Abhimars View Post
    i downloaded this game... n wat does steam folder mean n wer it is located... i couldnt launch d game bcoz of dll couldnt b lauched
    It seems to me that the DLL file required for the game to play is either missing, corrupted, or the path specified is wrong/incomplete. What you will need to do is either kill the hidden portal 2 process from the task manager or verify cache integrity and clear it. Note that if you skip step 1, although it looks like it's checking cache, it's actually not. you have to kill the process THEN check cache