Thread: Portal 2 game asks for an Activation Key at installation

Portal 2 game asks for an Activation Key at installation

Hello, I want to purchase the PC version of the Portal 2 game. I need to install this game on multiple PC’s. Then I had decided to purchase the setup CD of this game rather than downloading its setup files. So, mine query is can this is possible to install this game on multiple PC’s using only one setup CD. I never know about the activation key of this game. Please tell me about where is the activation key present in this game setup CD. Any help will be appreciates.

Re: Portal 2 game asks for an Activation Key at installation

Hey, I think you need to firstly purchase the setup Compact Disk of this portal 2 game. See, the activation key of this game is already presents in the text file which is come with the setup files. You want to install game on multiple computers using this only one CD but I’ll tell you that this is not possible. Whenever you entered the activation key at once on specific PC then you cannot use that key on the later one. So, this game installation on multiple PC using only one CD is not possible.

Hey dude, I also want this portal 2 game install on the multiple PC but in that time I think that this is not possible. Then I had never tried to install this game on multiple PC. But sometimes later mine friend are tells me that this is to be possible. So, I try to install this game onto the other connected PC and I must tell you that this works and now the same portal 2 game has works on multiple PC and the activation key I used for installing this game is to be same on all PC. I think you need to try these solutions.

I also try this solutions and it works very well. See, but the activation key I used is different from the different PC’s. I had purchased the portal 2 game CD and initially I found that at the time of setup it requires different activation key. Hence I had purchased the activation key of this game onto the internet and then installed this game on the multiple PC. The setup files I had used is to be same but the activation key is different from the individual PC’s.

As per you discussing in the issue, you need to purchase the steam version of the portal 2 games it helps you to install this game on multiple PC’s. The steam version of the game is specially designed for the same copy of the game installed on the multiple computer system. The activation key of this steam copy is only one which is used for installing the game on multiple systems. Hence purchased this steam copy of the game and install this game on multiple systems but the cost of this steam copy of the game is high compared to the other version.

I think you need to firstly purchase this steam copy of the portal 2 games it helps you to install this game on multiple computer system. See, the portal 2 games is a series of puzzles game and it works on the Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 platform. Hence as per the platform dependency issue this not the portability issue. The activation keys of this steam version also come with that setup disk. Then used that setup files and installed it onto the multiple computers.