Thread: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover won't fully start up

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover won't fully start up

I have the game IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover on steam but unluckily I can't get it to load correctly. After looking at the FAQ I think my graphics driver was not the problem, but I've updated them to the suitable version and still it didn’t work. IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover loads half way mark but then it hangs. It doesn't show any splatter screens or anything like that; it goes directly from a black screen with crosshair remaining.

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover won't fully start up

I am also having same kind of problem running this IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover game. My computer configuration is Intel Core2 Duo Processor E8400 (6M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB) with 2* 2GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM (Kingston company) and with a Graphic card NVIDIA GTX 285 with 270.51 Driver, and I am run Windows Vista 64 bit on my computer. Many times I have tried to restart my computer tried to verify the game's cache, I also tried to running as administrator.

I'm having related troubles, but I am using a Toshiba laptop with a monitor attached to it. I tried and updated Nvidia and Toshiba drivers, I get all the way through the black screen with a cross with the menu, but without a pilot or aircraft are visible, and when I load a mission back to the desktop, but with sounds motor. Ah, well, hopefully a patch is going to class.

However, I found something very strange. I have this problem, but if you minimize and re-enter the game then I can move the mouse cursor. You can also adjust the camera view using Delete / End / Home keys. And I can change the speed of the game with [] keys. This is strange because we have not even reached the menu yet. It's like we loaded directly into a game without any mission aircraft and for some reason.

I am also facing with almost similar trouble I have only one copy of the EC. I have not anything, the hard disk to start running and then nothing. I was told that the sound may have an effect on some games (C97 realtek) I went for a USB head set and got into the game. The game loaded, but I have a black screen, but the sound is there, then upgrade the GFX card driver to 270.51 now suggests loading the game returns to the screen of Windows without a mouse. I have similar specs core2 that 860gtx 3GHz Nvidia. I'll get the following integrated sound card on and off.

There are some extras (like Direct X, Net 4 customer etc.), self-running on the installation of the game, but it does not work properly in the version of Steam. I wonder if they are causing problems in the DVD version as well. Can you see the folders and files on the DVD? It may be a way of trying to run the installer from there. I also added in Launcher.exe (COD) in my Nvidia control panel: Configuration Management / Configuration program, where I changed CUDA GPU ALL> Use these GPUs> GT330M (my video card). I also threaded optimizations turned-ON, but left everything else. Not sure if that made much, but I can fly over water OK.