Thread: Crysis 2 is hampering my GPU's

Crysis 2 is hampering my GPU's

I have been playing this game a lot and just I would tell you that I just love to play it. I would say that this is a really good game and would say that this is one of the best games that I have ever played. Till now the game wasn’t creating any problems but now it has started to give some problem. Actually speaking the problem is not in the game but this game is hampering my GPU big time.And this is something that is worrying me a lot. So I would ask you that is this happening with everyone.And also can anyone tell me the solution to this issue.

Re: Crysis 2 is hampering my GPU's

I just had a look at the question and I feel that this game is not hampering my GPU at all.I play it smooth at 2560 x 1600 with my over clocked at around 580. But till now I haven’t got any such issues with this game up to now. So I guess that even you can go ahead with the same thing. Then there won’t be much problem at all. I feel that you can try running this game on air cooling and that may help you to fix the issues that you are facing.

I just feel that this is something that is really hampering my system. I feel that it does effect the GPU big time and even with all the water cooling that is present this game still generates huge quantities of heat from the GPU's. But I will try out the solution that is begin given out there and would say that I hope it will work for me. I just don’t know how are the people running air cooled systems coping with the noise that those fans must be making?

Have you tried them on the latest catalyst application profiles? I do feel that you I have had a similar issue and would tell you that on my old 5970 as well as my new 6950's it still doesn’t produce a good output but when I was using the 6950's the problem got a bit minimized .So this is what happens .But still I feel that Crysis is a game where such things happens and this is something that you need to concentrate on more.

I would say that Crysis 2 will run on lower end hardware.And this is something that I am very sure of. Also that's one of the points of CryEngine 3 as well. It actually does look good but it's a shame they sold out long back and now we don’t have much options left with us. Also the low resolution is easily seen if you compare Crysis and Warhead.But the thing is that it still takes a decent card for full settings at good frame rates though.So this is what I feel about the GPU’s.