Thread: Can we play IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover without a quad core processor?

Can we play IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover without a quad core processor?

I was looking for this game from a long time and now that I have got it I am very excited to play it. I am really not a techno savvy but I have a doubt in my mind. That doubt is can we play IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover without a quad core processor. I currently have a motherboard of Gigabyte EP45T-DS3R and a processor of Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8600@3.33GHz. And now I am planning to upgrade to win 7 along with increasing the ram and will have a new video card to replace the HD4850. Please do get back to me on this as I am waiting for the solutions.

Re: Can we play IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover without a quad core processor?

I just had a look at the question that you have posted and would tell you that there are few people who are running on an i5 dual core. Also this game is not yet multi-core optimized and remembers that the cores matter less than clock speed. So this is what I will say. So you don’t have to worry much about this as you can run the game properly and without any hesitation because according to me the specification that you have are completely fine with the one that are required for this game.

It’s a nice question that you have posted and I would say that in next few days time I'll be running it on an Intel Core2 Duo E8500 at 3.16ghz along with 6 gigs of DDR2, an EVGA GTX 570 Super clocked and an Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Gamer sound card and this all will be on the Gigabyte EP45 UD3R.And I am sure that this will work out. So I guess that even you can go with a similar setup so that even you can play the game without any hesitation. But in case if there is certain problem then I'll let you know immediately.

According to me whatever you are having in the setup will work for you without any problem. There is no such need to worry about and I do feel that it will be fine on your system. But I do feel that the GPU is the most important thing. If your GPU is capable to managing this game without any problem then you will all be fine and the game will definitely run smoothly. But before playing the game you do need to check that the GPU is proper or not.

I would tell you from my experience I had the dual core in my system and my game ran smoothly over the sea and enabled me to do good fights and bomber intercepts, but it stuttered over the land but it was enough to fly around and land but not much more than that. This was before the official patch though and I haven’t tried it since so can’t say if it’s any better now but most people say it has improved the game. So I guess that there is no harm at all in this and this will run without any problem.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided as they have helped me a lot.I just went that I just went through the solution that is being put up and would say that this is really something that I expected from the solutions.So I am really happy with it. Also I would say that I will definitely go through whatever that is being stated and feel that there is no need for some different processor and it will work really well.